PC Access Modem Failure

alpalmer

All of a sudden, I cannot access my Omni LT with PC Access.  It has worked flawlessly for a long time.  There was a power failure, outside my house and it may have started after that.  Anyhow, according to Windows 10 the modem is working.  It querys fine and the log indicates it is working.  I can access the system using the # key on the handset.  I just can't get PC Access to work.  I have checked all of the settings and everything seems fine.  Nothing was changed from before.  Com is 3 which matches what is in the Windows System check.  All of the other strings are appropriate.  i get a big red Error and "modem initialization error."  Also uninstalled and reinstalled PC Access which also did not help.  Any ideas? 

Sounds like a COM port issue.  Even though Windows 10 reports the COM port doesn't mean it's correct nor that it's working unless you test the COM port outside of PC Access. 

Windows 10 is notorious for goofing up COM ports, so you might try turning off the computer, disconnect the power cord from the computer, and wait a few minutes, then reconnect and power back on - do the same to your Omni - disconnect power, backup battery, wait a few minutes, then reconnect power and allow to boot.

Also, verify there are no other COM ports after the power cycle and that the COM port isn't tied up (another device using the port).

Anyone here wired their Omni Pro II panel to be single switch for a easy quick disconnect.  As it is now I have to unplug the Elk power transformer and pull off the wire to the battery which all in all is not conveniently done.  I would like to wire up a simply to gang switch?

chasers03 said:
Anyone here wired their Omni Pro II panel to be single switch for a easy quick disconnect.  As it is now I have to unplug the Elk power transformer and pull off the wire to the battery which all in all is not conveniently done.  I would like to wire up a simply to gang switch?
Why would you need to do this?  It's been several years since I've had to disconnect my panel and even then it was only because of a programming error I made.  If you're routinely disconnecting your panel, you have a problem that needs to be resolved, not an easier way to restart the panel.

$5  - Double pole single throw switch. Easy to do and could even be mounted to your OP can.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:8897]

Attachments

• DPST-Power-Interrupt.png
    DPST-Power-Interrupt.png
    7 KB · Views: 2
Back