Possible to Connect Multiple M1s to Homeseer

joe39562

I've been using the Elk M1s for years now at multiple different properties.  I recently purchased Homeseer Pro and installed the Elk M1 plugin for it.  I'm very new to using homeseer and am trying to learn all the abilities and connecting all of my different equipment to it.  Does anyone know if there is a way for homeseer to communicate with multiple M1s? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Homeseer Joe.

Ask the author UltraJones (Randy) of the Homeseer 3 Elk M1 plugin here:

UltraM1G HSPI

Randy has been around since the beginning of Homeseer.

I posted this same thing to the Homeseer board for the M1 pluggin and haven't received any responses.  Anyone know if this is possible to do?

I was hoping for similiar with the new OmniPro Homeseer 3 plugin some day. 

I am surprised that Randy (UltraJones) hasn't responded to your questions.

That said it is unknown at this time how many folks are managing multiple M2 panels today.

I have asked / request some authors to create secondary plugins with create different variables for different locations.

I did this first with running two custom plugin instances of the Homeseer 2 Cumulus plugin.  

For Homeseer 3 it is different a bit.  (this is just an example of running one plugin for two locations).

It is a bit of a hodgepodge connection as I forward the realtime txt file to two separate realtime files on the internet host today.  I take the two files back to HS3 and rename them as realtime-1.txt and realtime-2.txt using one script then input the separate two files in to the WeatherXML application.  It is not realtime as the file is FTP'd every 30 seconds but it is weather station related.

It is sort of the same methodology used for one Z-Wave interface at two locations talking to the mothership.

It is possible to do this as each plugin would have a separate network connection and separate set of variables.

Then you can also divide up a subset of one panel for different areas (home, guest home or detached garage type of stuff).

IE:

Homeseer 3 ==>

Elk M1 plugin #1 == > Location -1
==> Area 1, area 2, et al

Elk M1 plugin #2 ==> Location -2
==> Area 1, area 2, et al

so forth and so on.

Another way would be to do it with one plugin and multiple network connections that you can subdivide in to areas and sub areas?

Relating to the OmniPro panel I can run (and do this) multiple PCA programs on VMs to one computer via Windows RDP but they separate still.  Another way is to run a separate version of HS3 (maybe on an RPi2) on site with a remote HS3 HSTouch client.  I utilize small tabletops and do this for two locations. 

Back