Problem with light control on an HAI Omni 2E

Looking at the pictures I see a network connection cable plugged in to the network port.  What type of consoles do you have plugged in to the panel.  

Guessing maybe only keypads eh?

Do the LED lamps next to the network port continuously flash?

I also see that only a TW-523 X10 PIM is plugged in to the X10 port.  Nothing else.  IE: there is no UPB PIM plugged in.

Have a look see at all of your automated switches.  Guessing that they are all X10.  Best way to check is just to remove the cover of the light switch and look for 2 dials on it to set your X10 house code and number.  How many of these switches do you have.

If only some of these switches are working then you have a powerline noise issue.  If none of the switches are working then it could be a bad TW-523.

Also look to see if you have any UPB switches in place.  UPB switches have a little blue LED on top.  When you turn on the lamp then the LED turns amber.

If you have any UPB switches in place then you have no UPB PIM attached to your panel to control these light switches.

pete_c said:
Looking at the pictures I see a network connection cable plugged in to the network port.  What type of consoles do you have plugged in to the panel.  

Guessing maybe only keypads eh?

Do the LED lamps next to the network port continuously flash?

I also see that only a TW-523 X10 PIM is plugged in to the X10 port.  Nothing else.  IE: there is no UPB PIM plugged in.

Have a look see at all of your automated switches.  Guessing that they are all X10.  Best way to check is just to remove the cover of the light switch and look for 2 dials on it to set your X10 house code and number.  How many of these switches do you have.

If only some of these switches are working then you have a powerline noise issue.  If none of the switches are working then it could be a bad TW-523.

Also look to see if you have any UPB switches in place.  UPB switches have a little blue LED on top.  When you turn on the lamp then the LED turns amber.

If you have any UPB switches in place then you have no UPB PIM attached to your panel to control these light switches.
Yes I only have 2 keypads plugged in as far as I am aware and there is one lamp on next to the port and it is constant not flashing.
Checked my automated switches and they have no dials, pics below. There are 8 of these (although some are linked 2 and 3 way) and they have a red LED at the bottom that illuminates when off and goes off when the switch is activated manually.  None of these switches are working at all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ymkvbzqkqx5zkg/20201029_041833.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dft2z2reunexpam/20201029_042222.jpg?dl=0

Checked a second switch and appearance is the same but Part # is different, I assuming it may have been changed to a later model?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d5tgxa12b0f2tgm/20201029_050524.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0gkm35qvdgr59x9/20201029_050721.jpg?dl=0

The network port on but not connected to anything.  Typically this cable goes to a network switch, hub, router.  

The wall switches are X10.  You can see the X10 settings if you remove the cover of the switch carefully.

The Leviton X10 decora switches were made to last forever (literally).  

DHC refers to Decora Home Control and here is a manual:

hxxp://communities.leviton.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/2383-102-1-3707/Tech

I would leave the settings on the switches alone.  As mentioned before if some of the lights are going on and off via the OmniPanel then the issue most likely would be a powerline noise issue.

If none of the lights go on and off via the panel control then it would be maybe the TW-523 X10 controller.

If you get a manual X10 keypad you can check on the X10 reception of the lamp switches.

Just turn on and off A1-A16 to test the wall switches with the X10 controller purchased and mentioned above.

pete_c said:
The network port on but not connected to anything.  Typically this cable goes to a network switch, hub, router.  

The wall switches are X10.  You can see the X10 settings if you remove the cover of the switch carefully.

The Leviton X10 decora switches were made to last forever (literally).  

DHC refers to Decora Home Control and here is a manual:

hxxp://communities.leviton.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/2383-102-1-3707/Tech

I would leave the settings on the switches alone.  As mentioned before if some of the lights are going on and off via the OmniPanel then the issue most likely would be a powerline noise issue.

If none of the lights go on and off via the panel control then it would be maybe the TW-523 X10 controller.

If you get a manual X10 keypad you can check on the X10 reception of the lamp switches.

Just turn on and off A1-A16 to test the wall switches with the X10 controller purchased and mentioned above.
Ok thanks Pete, I'll try some of these things out. 
I have ordered a used TW 523 controller which I found on Ebay and I;ll try that first. If I get no joy I'll pick up a manual controller and test out the switches.
I'll post back when I have some  results.

Good news @Redgecko.

Moving the manual controller around to different outlets will be a good test of your X10 wall switches.

Ok an update,,,,
Managed to find a used TW523 and took the gamble. Well it paid off, the unit works and fixed the problem, all lights back functioning as they should.
Now it's a case of continuing to learn the system and I'll be looking to replace a few switches that look to have been eliminated, I'm thinking they were replaced with standard rockers when the X10 ones failed. I'll also be looking to pick up another spare TW523 if I can find one.
Thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions.

Good news Redgecko.  IBM used to sell the same Leviton switches many many years ago.  They had an IBM tag on them and Leviton MFG on the back of them.

For a bit HAI also sold a pair of TW523's with a single serial X10 cable such that you could use one TW-523 per phase in your panel.

pete_c said:
Good news Redgecko.  IBM used to sell the same Leviton switches many many years ago.  They had an IBM tag on them and Leviton MFG on the back of them.

For a bit HAI also sold a pair of TW523's with a single serial X10 cable such that you could use one TW-523 per phase in your panel.
Thanks for the info Pete, I'll keep my eyes open. Switches seem fairly easy to find, the TW's not so much.

Redgecko said:
Ok an update,,,,
Managed to find a used TW523 and took the gamble. Well it paid off, the unit works and fixed the problem, all lights back functioning as they should.
Now it's a case of continuing to learn the system and I'll be looking to replace a few switches that look to have been eliminated, I'm thinking they were replaced with standard rockers when the X10 ones failed. I'll also be looking to pick up another spare TW523 if I can find one.
Thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions.
Used TW-523s show up from time to time on eBay.  But you should also consider a XTB-523 from JV Digital Engineering.  It's better than the original X10 design.  It's also available in kit form, or fully assembled.

RAL said:
Used TW-523s show up from time to time on eBay.  But you should also consider a XTB-523 from JV Digital Engineering.  It's better than the original X10 design.  It's also available in kit form, or fully assembled.
Thanks Ral, I would be happy to look into that unit, do you know if it's straight swap plug and play?

Redgecko said:
Thanks Ral, I would be happy to look into that unit, do you know if it's straight swap plug and play?
Yes, it's a straight swap. It produces a stronger signal and has better noise immunity than the original X10 design.

It costs more than a used TW523, but you'll be getting a brand new product, rather than one that has been in use for who knows how long.

RAL said:
Yes, it's a straight swap. It produces a stronger signal and has better noise immunity than the original X10 design.

It costs more than a used TW523, but you'll be getting a brand new product, rather than one that has been in use for who knows how long.
Thanks Ral, that's the way I'll go then, this first used item was a gamble so would prefer that "New Item" confidence.

Yes here have a Volp XTB-IIR which is dual phased TW-523 like emulator; only way better. 

Many many years now.  Started originally here with a TW-523.  Then plugged this in to an XTB X10 amplifier which was Jeff's first venture in to X10.

For the software automation here still using CM11A's which work well.  Note all of my powerline PIMs are directly connected to the Fuse panel and have their own breakers.

I went out of the bottom of the fuse panel with one conduit and then spaced out 4 single duplex boxes for the PIMs.

Ok now things are working again, is there anything I can do to make things work with modern LED bulbs? Do I need to upgrade the switches and is so does anyone have a part #
Is that why the one switch I pictured earlier is an HCM06?
Thanks
Ian.

Back