RC2000 not retaining settings

jmorris644

I have 10 RC2000s and all of them have remote senors. Sometimes I hear a bunch of clicking going on with one or two of them (the relays keep going on and off again quite a few times in a row as if the RC2000 cannot figure out whether to heat or not. So I set the heat min and max on and off settings to 2 minutes each. This works great for a while and then a few days later I hear the clicking again. I go look at the settings and they are set back to zero. I can guarantee that I am not resetting these parameters in code in the controller.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Joe

Joe,
   Rapid clicking is usually a sign that you have power issues, which is most commonly caused by not wiring a "C" to the thermostat.  Without a true common, the thermostat will attempt to steal its power through the heat and cool relays.  Pulls just enough power through the relays to power itself, but not enough power to turn on the relay.  Some relays can steal more power than others before triggering.   When the cool comes on (FAN + compressor), the thermostat is left to only with only the unused hear relay to power itself, which may not be enough depending on that relay and other variables (your backlight intensity).  This will cause the thermostat to power down, turning off the cool and thus now allowing more power to the thermostat.

I would suggest you check to make sure a true common is attached to the thermostat.  Perhaps run a test with the backlight turned off to reduce the power required to operate.

If this does not work please report your firmware version (found in the Setup screen) and we can go from there.

Ryan

Back