Requests to HAI

madburg

Not sure if there is a dedicated area to post requests for future considerations to HAI, please let me know if there is and this post can be removed, or moved to that area.

I know I read somewhere that HAI stated it used Visual Sudio to create the new PC3.0
From working with it, I have a request to make. When working with automation programming, it would be really nice to be able to "Disable" a line. Something to the affect of a Strikethrought feature, so when the controller detects ANY line with a Strikethrough it would skip it and move on to the next. It would still take up a line of code, but it would help in tests, etc... Once you have it where you wish you can delete one/more disabled lines.

I am sure there are other way to accomplish the same end goal; you should just be able to clearly see what the line of code is still why it is disabled.

I believe Elk allows you to do it exactly that way but iirc the disabled block is only in RP and not the controller. Anyway, it may not be exactly the same but you can copy or cut any automation block and then paste it to a comment block. It should server the same purpose to keep the code you wrote out but have it inactive. You can then copy or cut it back to an automation block. Maybe not as easy as a simple 'Disable' button but it should work. Maybe they can just have a button that says Convert block to/from comment which would do the same thing in one button press?

I believe Elk allows you to do it exactly that way but iirc the disabled block is only in RP and not the controller. Anyway, it may not be exactly the same but you can copy or cut any automation block and then paste it to a comment block. It should server the same purpose to keep the code you wrote out but have it inactive. You can then copy or cut it back to an automation block. Maybe not as easy as a simple 'Disable' button but it should work. Maybe they can just have a button that says Convert block to/from comment which would do the same thing in one button press?

I usually just add a conditional "AND IF NEVER". This will make it where the program line never executes.

Aaron

I like that "AND IF NEVER". But since you brought it up, when does a "AND IF NEVER" execute? Can you share an example, please.

Back