RFID in Home Automation

Event5

Hi all,
I have a friend who is in a wheel chair and we want to use RFID to turn on lights, unlock gates, etc, as he moves around the home. He is evaluating Homeseer with the UPB plug-in. I am looking for diagrams, pictures, or details of RFID installation, Especially multiple remote receivers connected to a PC.

Any Ideas,
Thanks
Dave

When companies and kind hearted people get together, miracles can happen.

Read what automation can do for physically challenged people HERE.

Event5 said:
Hi all,
I have a friend who is in a wheel chair and we want to use RFID to turn on lights, unlock gates, etc, as he moves around the home. He is evaluating Homeseer with the UPB plug-in. I am looking for diagrams, pictures, or details of RFID installation, Especially multiple remote receivers connected to a PC.

Any Ideas,
Thanks
Dave
Hey Dave,

The only commercial RFID solution that is offered to the home automation people is the iAutomate stuff, so you might be able to search for that company name both here and the Homeseer forums to find that kind of data. iAutomate also has its own forum on the HST site, which contains links to documents explaining how to set it up and such.

Don't ignore the "Cheaper RFID" stuff actively being discussed on the HomeSeer forums. Not a commercial package, but people seem to be happy with it and the price is great.

Back