Haiku Russound Volume adjust via Web+HH

pct88

When I use the basic web client to access HH to adjust the volume level on our Russound CAM I am only offered increments of 25%.  Are there plans to offer smaller increments there-  perhaps 10% steps?

I also find that HH is not displaying the status of the audio zones:  "Status" always shows OFF and "Source" always shows No Source.  If I click the pop up to change to a particular volume level the change takes effect, but the button returns to showing OFF or No Source respectively.  This is a sample of what is displayed with the Source selection popped up:

View attachment RussoundViaHH.pdf

When I press "Mute All" the audio continues to play.  "All Off" does work properly.

When I pop up the "Status" button to OFF or ON there is no change-  I have to use the 25/50/100% options.  MUTE does work properly from that 

After selecting "Mute All" the "Status" buttons bottom choice changes from Mute to Unmute, so the display is being properly updated although the amplifier audio is not.

The OPII is running firmware version 3.0 currently-  can anyone else confirm that they have HH controlling a Russound CAM/CAV properly under OPII 3.0 firmware?

Yes, more volume options will be added in the future.

Are you able to properly control the Russound and see status via Haiku or touch panels?

What browser version are you using and what version of HaikuHelper?

When I use Haiku v3.86 on an iPhone 4s the status of zones also does not update-  always indicates "Off" and "No Source" whether the zone is one or off.  I can properly turn zones on and select sources from Haiku.  Dragging up the volume slider turns on the zone even though the on/off slider does not change in that case.

Haiku Helper is version 2.76 and the browser I tried is Safari 6.0.2.

The Russound is a CAM, and I have the serial port controlling it set to "Russound".

I have now updated my Omni Pro II panel to firmware version 3.11D.  Haiku Helper version 2.93, Haiku version 3.93

Does anyone here have Haiku working with a Russound CAM or CAV?  Or even just an Omni panel controlling a CAM/CAV?

My primary question is-  is Haiku with a CAM/CAV able to follow the status of the audio zones, or can it only blindly send button commands?  When I connect using Haiku it properly displays all of the audio zone names, but always shows them all as "Off" and "No Source".  If I press the "Power" button the zone does toggle on/off, but the status in the right column remains as "off".  The "Mute" button has no effect.

I wonder if this could be related to my version of the Russound Firmware, or an issue with the serial connection to the OPII-  even in the HAI Dealer PC Access software 3.11.4.691 , when I check the Audio tab Status, the same issue is seen:  each zone just shows OFF and -?- continuously.  If PCA can't track the status then Haiku can't either!

So can anyone confirm whether the Omni panels are able poll and display current status information from the Russound CAM/CAV?  If yes, is there a specific firmware revision required?

Yes, its probably a communications issue or firmware issue between the Russound and the HAI controller. The CAV/CAM should work fine with Haiku/HaikuHelper. With no feedback, how can you be sure the Russound is communicating with the HAI controller at all?

I tracked down the problem:  it turns out that I only had signal ground and receive connected through.  When I extended the serial connection from the OPII to the Russound nine years ago one of the wires was mis-connected; I never realized it since I could control the Russound properly from the OPII.  Until I started to use the Haiku software I was unaware of what I was missing.

It turns out Haiku Helper provides even more audio capability than I expected-  it shows the specific metadata from my SMS-3 and even allows basic song selection.  Very nice!  Mute now also works, as do the on/off tracking and such.

Thanks for the support tracking this down.

Is there any update on when we can expect to see more granular control of Russound zone volume controlled through Haiku Helper?  I recall mention a year or so ago that the current 0/25/50/100% options would be expanded.

with any luck I'll be bringing our CAV66's back online this summer.  Be nice to be able to consider HH by then.

pct88 said:
Is there any update on when we can expect to see more granular control of Russound zone volume controlled through Haiku Helper?  I recall mention a year or so ago that the current 0/25/50/100% options would be expanded.
The new coming version has a slider.

Back