Sneak preview of the Elk M1 touch screen software

Hello everyone! Thanks for all of your patience. We are currently working hard on trying to get our new touch screen out the door. This is requiring some minor changes in the ElkRM software. I just wanted to make everyone aware that the new version of ElkRM (when we release it) will require the .NET framework version 2.0. The new framework allows easy control of the serial port on your PC. Yes, the next version you will be able to use your serial port to connect. Thanks for everyones support with this software, your feedback will only make the product better!

Hey Chris,

I have .NET 2.0 running on my Axim x50v, if there is anything I can do, let me know. Keep up the good work!

Chris_RM said:
Yes, the next version you will be able to use your serial port to connect.
I assume this means you could use ElkRM on the PC that would normally use ElkRP to connect to the serial port on the control? Meaning that ElkRM could only be used on one PC? Or are you talking some magic to let multiple PCs share the serial on the control? Even if it is only the one PC, I think it is a nice touch to give people direct control while they dream about touchscreens and XEP.

I think the best solution in that case would be to use eiter the HW_VSP virtual serial port software, or Elk's own Reflector software. But it's nice to see support for the serial port tho.

electron said:
It's done by the PDA, the application itself is 640x480, so if you have anything less, it will use those scrollbars.
I tried to run the demo on my iPAQ 6515 which has a 240x240 resolution but got an error message saying "ElkRM requires at least 640x480 screen resolution".

Any ideas?

Thanks,

I guess they set that as a minimum requirement, I don't think there is anything you can do about that, sorry :)

E, I saw you running ELKRM on your Dell Axim in the first post. That was not running at 640x480?? So how did you get yours to work?

But that is with a hack to your Axim, right? Isn't the Axim X50V only quarterVGA by default?

Right, I installed some freebie software (don't remember the name) which lets you adjust all these settings. The hardware can do VGA already, so it only made sense to bump up the resolution.

Back