Solar Calibration

periklast

I want to buy an temp/solar from Hobby-boards for extending my weather-station. I will be my first 1 wire component so I want to get more information before I buy such system.

* When I connect the solar to my computer, what's the output I get? Is it W/m² or just an voltage? Is there a way to convert this with an formula if it's not W/m²
* An powerinjector is optional. What's the difference between with one and without one?
* The only hardware I must have is: 1-Wire usb-stick, cables and the sensor? Nothing else more? And if I want to extend later on with other sensors, I just need extra cable (no hub?)

Thanks in advance.

I want to buy an temp/solar from Hobby-boards for extending my weather-station. I will be my first 1 wire component so I want to get more information before I buy such system.

* When I connect the solar to my computer, what's the output I get? Is it W/m² or just an voltage? Is there a way to convert this with an formula if it's not W/m²
* An powerinjector is optional. What's the difference between with one and without one?
* The only hardware I must have is: 1-Wire usb-stick, cables and the sensor? Nothing else more? And if I want to extend later on with other sensors, I just need extra cable (no hub?)

Thanks in advance.

The current Solar device is not calibrated to any standard, just a voltage output.

Without external power then on very bright days the solar sensor can overload and cause the 1-Wire bus to quit working until the light level goes down some. This is not as big of an issue as it used to be since we changed sensors.

You are correct on the hardware and you can add more devices later with only additional cable as long as you use the daisy chain topology. Also some of our devices require external power so you would need a Power Injector or similar if you purchased one of those devices.

Eric

Thanks,

Is there any knowledge about the function to calculate W/m² from the voltage? (y=ax+b or logaritmic,..?)

It's quite expensive to buy an lux-meter of something, just for calibrating the solar-sensor.

Back