Tech support for your HAI Leviton Omni

pete_c

Guru
I have known of this website from emails that I got from Leviton a couple of years back.

Meanwhile we are also gathering documentation from the HAI support websites.

Tech support for your HAI Leviton Omni

Are you looking for technical support for your HAI Leviton Omni system? Do you need help with programming or troubleshooting an issue? But, you tried calling all the numbers and no one answers, or calls you back?

I can help. I spent many years training on the Omni system and providing technical support. The distributor I worked for conducted several trainings per year. I was one of the instructors.

Support can be done via email, or remotely by phone or screen-share appointment. This is not a free service. The fees charged support me and this website.

My fees for email responses depend on the request and time required to provide the answer. I will send you a PayPal request with my answer. Simple email requests looking for a document, or quick answer will run from $2 to $5.

More advanced requests, like “ How do you write the automation lines to perform this function?” will depend on the request, and I will provide a quote for the answer. These range from $10 on up. Complex requests may require a pre-payment unless you are a regular customer.

Telephone support can be done by appointment, but remote support via screen share is usually more effective. It is $75 per hour.

Remote support either via screen share, or through direct PC Access connection, is usually charged at $75 per hour with a minimum of 1 hour. Please read the conditions for remote support. https://www.stevesfanclub.com/omni-system-programming/

Hi
If you need help repairing some boards please let me know. I have also been reverse engineering a few boards as well, and modernizing them. I am also keep an eye out for anyone throwing out old/damaged boards that I can use to reverse engineer replacement boards. I really like the HAI Omni Pro 2 Board and system, so I need to start making devices to keep them going!
Some electronics manufacturers with release the schematics to repair facilities but it looks like Leviton does not plan to do so even now that they are no longer repairing boards as of Jan 1st. With sucks, would like to find someone who works at Leviton‘s repair place who might be able to help!
Thanks,
Nick

Hi
If you need help repairing some boards please let me know. I have also been reverse engineering a few boards as well, and modernizing them. I am also keep an eye out for anyone throwing out old/damaged boards that I can use to reverse engineer replacement boards. I really like the HAI Omni Pro 2 Board and system, so I need to start making devices to keep them going!
Some electronics manufacturers with release the schematics to repair facilities but it looks like Leviton does not plan to do so even now that they are no longer repairing boards as of Jan 1st. With sucks, would like to find someone who works at Leviton‘s repair place who might be able to help!
Thanks,
Nick
Nick - I may be able to help and/or I may be a client...

I'm going to maybe spin-up a new thread (or reply to some existing) on the larger issue of "Leviton killed the OPII; Now What?" but suffice to say that I am among many who are stuck looking into the maw of obsolescence. In my case unfortunately, it is not a hypothetical "if/when" question as my OPII board has failed and now I'm scrambling for a replacement solution for which there isn't really one.

Oh, and my spare OPII board is also bad, so my backups to my backups plan hasn't fared well either! I now have the dumbest house on the planet, because now my lights don't work, my security doesn't work, my whole-house audio doesn't work, my window shades don't work, my thermostats don't work, my door locks don't work, the touchscreens in every room don't work... you get the idea. My OPII controlled it all.

So I have not one but two (2) OPII boards, both bad, and the prospect of rebuilding the empire from scratch is not only daunting, but at least a $$,$$$ sum. Which I don't exactly have.

Would be interested to talk about your "reverse engineering" boards and/or maybe stock for cores to use... PM? (or publicly here, either way).

I did just talk with Leviton's SARA ("repair team") last week and they told me to go scratch (not rudely - they just confirmed that they have nothing more to do with supporting any of the HAI product, full stop.)

Last edited:
Hi
Thanks,
Nick
Nick:
Are you still doing anything with HAI Leviton OP2 boards?

Back