Thinking of moving to Z Wave from insteon.

I received the Tux and Honeywell thermostat today, too bad I don't have any switches yet, guess its time to call you bill.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I'm considering a move to z-wave also. I've had RadioRA for quite a while and have been happy with it's reliability. It just works. But the upcoming remodel will require more switches than it supports and now they're selling something new. Before I move to something different I might as well consider a different vendor too.

Installed the Tuxedo and the Honeywell thermostat both working well. I didn't have any trouble getting them paired up. Can operate both via galaxy Nexus on wi-fi. Need to get Total Connect set up this week and some cameras to play with. After that some lighting should get me back to the Vera decision.

who are you going through for the TC? also, please update us when you get a few lights installed on how fast they respond. I have been having some long wait time on a few locations and cant find out why.

who are you going through for the TC? also, please update us when you get a few lights installed on how fast they respond. I have been having some long wait time on a few locations and cant find out why.
The TC is through my company. Still haven't bought the lights, who are you getting lights from? Also what manufacturer.

I am using Leviton RF + and got them from Bill at automatedoutlet.com. They work great except the 110v recpt!! its hit or miss when I try to turn my outside lights (i have great RF coverage around that plug, so thats not the prob). also, if you have an ADI account, they have the dimmers on sale right now for 59.99! I have been trying to find a dealer around here for the TC and nobody wants to even help out. so i am now on a waiting list with Geoalarm to to setup my account this friday. we will see if i like it........

I am using Leviton RF + and got them from Bill at automatedoutlet.com. They work great except the 110v recpt!! its hit or miss when I try to turn my outside lights (i have great RF coverage around that plug, so thats not the prob). also, if you have an ADI account, they have the dimmers on sale right now for 59.99! I have been trying to find a dealer around here for the TC and nobody wants to even help out. so i am now on a waiting list with Geoalarm to to setup my account this friday. we will see if i like it........
Is it possible your 110v receptical that is "hit or miss" is in a metal box that may be causing a problem with receiving a signal? Just a thought.

I have tryed it in a few differnet locationsin my house and have had the same problems. i have installed two wall worts right next to the recpt (to increase RF coverage) and its still very slow getting the command. My house is a standard track home with wood walls and so forth, so i would think RF coverage would not be a problem. I am going to try a non-dimming wall wort outside and see if that works better.

Went ahead and got the leviton smart usb stick, a bunch of Evolve switches/modules and a MiCasa verde lite today. I really wanted Leviton switches but I also wanted the ability to repeat the encrypted z-wave signals. Does anybody have any thoughts on Evolve products, if so I would like to hear it? Automated Outlet tried to push the Intermatic stuff and I must admit the price is good but I don't want to get involved with a dead end product. I also liked the way automated Outlet handled my first contact with them.

sandjunky - many times with low voltage lighting transformers, they have an outlet inside the box that's meant for a timer to be plugged in... I just put a wall wart style module in that spot and it works great (of course I use UPB not Z-Wave so RF isn't an issue)... I had originally planned to do an outlet like you until I discovered that little bypass inside.

thats good to know, i will see if mine has that. i did get it to work after all, i added another wall dimmer near. i think i will try to remove one or both of the wall warts and see how it works then. the wall diimer/switchs seem to better RF coverage since they are up high. or maybe the new firmware i up dated over the weekend might have helped, not sure yet.

I am using Leviton RF + and got them from Bill at automatedoutlet.com.

I've purchased three intermatic Z-wave 6 packs (some CA600 dimmers, some CA3000 switches) from AutomatedOutlet in the past few weeks. They have them on ebay for $99 buy-it-now when they first post, but people sometimes bid them up to about $130 for some unknown reason (must not be very good at ebay?). If you can click a buy-it-now before someone else puts in a low ball bid you can get it for $99.

It looks like they have been selling a few 6 packs a day for quite some time. I bet you can get a similar deal by talking to them on the phone. That has been my only experiance with them so far, but my orders shipped really fast (got them in two days?) and obviously with the price I couldn't be happier. I've only installed the switches but they seem quite nice - they use standard 2 way switches instead of proprietary extenders for 3 way operation.

Back