TM751 or RR501 Transceiver

dtperk said:
...Just recently retired both of them (or gave them to my brother with a CM11A) and installed a W800RF32. Huge difference and now I can use the security modules too. $$$$ well spent IMHO.
I'm giving the W800 serious ($$$$) consideration. Using the DS10s in non-security applications looks "interesting"...

dtperk said:
..."Upgraded" to the 721 when the 501 drove me nuts with the "clunk".
What's a "721"?

dtperk said:
...Really nice plug-in for HS also.
I'm currently looking at MisterHouse - a (in fact, THE ONLY) software solution (that I've found so far...) that recognizes the MR26A & W800 without draining my "semi-retired" bank account... ;)

[Recall that I *DID* use GWBASIC on an IBM XT PC with a TW-523 and a RS-232 Votrax Speech Synthesizer" years ago" - BOY am I OLD!]

Oops! Sorry BSR and JohnBullard. ;) Smilies and COLORS just add so much to plain-text that I couldn't help it!

[BTW, JohnBullard, how's your "Roomba Users Group" E-Mail problem coming along?!? :blink: ]
(Mr Rodgers Voice: Children, can you say "Amen"?) :) :D ;)

ClearToLand said:
THE ONLY software solution (that I've found so far...) that recognizes the MR26A & W800 without draining my "semi-retired" bank account... :blink:
HomeSeer supports both the MR26A and the W800RF32 with free plug-ins. However, the .Net version of the W800 plug-in may cost something in the future. Then again, it has an awsome amount of capability, and I will gladly pay it.

Then again again, I have no idea how much Mister Home costs. . . I paid $120 for HomeSeer.

Why not... I'll help steer this thread totally off topic too :blink:

Girder, a $20 app, also supports both the mr26a and the W800.

Not as "geeky" as MisterHouse (as far as I can tell, you have to code everything in Perl), but it can also do a lot more than just "fires events based on time, web, socket, voice, and serial data."

Just throwing out another low-cost solution that may fit your needs, CTL.

Edit: Just realized that the mr26a serial file is not posted in the download section. Not suprising as it seems that their download page has gotten messed up. I made a post, so we'll see what happens.

Ohhh . . . MisterHouse is open-source. . . That puts it in a whole-nuther-league . . .
I will have to investigate it further. Especially since it can run on Linux. Thanks for the link, Treetop.
Treetop said:
Girder . . . Not as "geeky" as MisterHouse
Well, Treetop, Girder has a pretty respectable Geek-factor in my book (but no one would dare publish my book). :blink: I would use it if I were geek enough.

BTW: what was this thread about?

Its about Girder :) and the multiple use of these ;) ;) :blink: and COLORS

Anyway, good point about Girder. I don't use it myself, but it seems to be a valid option in this case.

..."Upgraded" to the 721 when the 501 drove me nuts with the "clunk".

What's a "721"?

You haven't heard of the "721"?????
It's a hybrid between the 501 and the 751. It "clunks" when you send a 'local' code to the device, but then it sends off smoke signals to let your significant other know that everthing is working correctly.

Sorry... Couldn't resist.... I meant the 751.

I'm currently looking at MisterHouse - a (in fact, THE ONLY) software solution (that I've found so far...) that recognizes the MR26A & W800 without draining my "semi-retired" bank account... ;)

Sry, I haven't spent much time with MR. HOUSE, but I liked the little bit I did see (during demo). Looked like it had much potential. Went with HS because of the community support and such.

[Recall that I *DID* use GWBASIC on an IBM XT PC with a TW-523 and a RS-232 Votrax Speech Synthesizer" years ago" - BOY am I OLD!]

Right there with ya CTL... I did a similar thing back in the '80's. (yikes) ;)

FWIW, I still use the 501 out in my workshop to ctrl the dust collector (with an outlet module).... Works great and 1/3 the cost of comparable mail order products. ;)

Cheers!
-=dtperk <-- There's some color for ya :)

Back