TS07 "UPDATE" issues

TerGuy

Anyone have, or had, issues with the built in "UPDATE" feature (button) on the ELK TS07 touchscreen.

I have several working units in a home with a good internet connection, but have been unable to successfully use the "UPDATE" feature. All units have "internal" (LAN) static IP addresses. All units communicating with the M1EXP without issue and able to access various websites on the WAN.

What version of ElkRM are you running? I believe that certain versions had some issues, and needed to be updated manually before being able to use the internet based update function.

What version of ElkRM are you running? I believe that certain versions had some issues, and needed to be updated manually before being able to use the internet based update function.

One panel is running xx.xx.12, one is running xx.xx.10 and two are running xx.xx.08

You have this issue with all of them? I would definitely get in touch with Elk, maybe they relocated the files.

You have this issue with all of them? I would definitely get in touch with Elk, maybe they relocated the files.
Actually there is only one now remaining that I cannot update. I tried using a "thumb" drive in the USB ports of all of these units, but none of them recognized it.
Chris @ ELK suggested I try a Card Reader with the latest version of ELKRM loaded on an SD card. The card reader worked with three out of four of them (the .8 version did not). But I still have been unable to update the last touchscreen.

I have never gotten any USB storage device to work with my TS07, interesting. Have you tried to do this over a network connection? The device supports sharing. Go to http://ip.of.your.ts07 and you can make adjustments there, including turning sharing on if it isn't already. Another options is to upload the files to a webserver, and download it using the CE browser.

Not all USB drivers are installed in the Windows CE environment. The generic USB storage devices seem to work but it is hit and miss.

Definitely a miss for me, I tried several different types of Sandisk USB drives, no luck. But it's not an issue for me, since I just copy files over the network.

Interestingly, the "thumb" (USB flash drive) drive mentioned earlier that did not work with the previous units actually WILL / DID work with the last unit I had to update. It is an old PNY Attache'. During that exercise though I had several (unexplained)episodes of the screen going "white" or completely backlit with no writing, which the only way I could get away from was to power down and start over.

I repeat, the card reader idea suggested by Chris did work with the other 3 touchscreens but not this one. The one I used was a SanDisk unit.

So if you are "armed" with a pocket full of flash drives try them all, you may hit paydirt.

Thanks for the tip on the "share" info, I am surprised ELK did not have me try that. I will look into that as well.

Back