Upcoming change in CQC pricing

IVB:

Are you still associated with VidaBox (just curious).

well, i haven't disassociated myself, but honestly i'm close to freezing my setup and not doing any forum-surfing or further assistance to anyone as the real world is going a little too well. i have the oppty to be promoted to senior exec, but it's taking some serious energy. thats a hell of a lot higher pay than even the top ha guys, so its what i'm working to achieve.

A few folks have asked if time is up. It's not. I decided to get one more thing into 3.2, and it's taking a bit longer, and since the cuttoff would be 3.2 going formally public, I'd imagine it's still a couple weeks out.

OK, well considerably later than hoped, I put up a beta of the 3.2 version today. So the countdown has begun. I figure it'll probably be a week or two before enough folks have banged on it long enough to be sure it's fully stable, but the day draws nigh.

OK, so no one is going to believe me now :) But we really actually are very close now. As often happens, we aren't always in control of our destiny and ended up needing to put a number of things into this release that hadn't been planned on. On the one hand that pushed off the release a lot longer than expected, but on the other it's now got some very nice new stuff in it that make it far more convenient and powerful. So, probably for the best overall.

But, now we are down to just a couple small things to be fixed. Lots of folks are using it and it's solid, and the web site content has been updated. So once we get those couple small things fixed and get the new ordering scheme worked out, we'll be ready to do the release. So I'm shooting for the 1st as a release date. Even if I don't have the new online ordering thing worked out by then, I'll do the release anyway, since it's not required to get the drop out.

So, the time is finally really, actually, honestly about to run out if you are considering going for it.

Well, it slipped a few days, but I'm getting things ready for a 3.2 release tonight. So last call for the current price if you wanna do it. We'll accept orders at the current price for the rest of the day.

Ok..i've been out of the loop a bit.

I've owned CQC for a while now...so is 3.2 essentially the last version that we get as part of the annual fee maintenance agreement?

I am on 3.1 now and questioning if i need to go to 3.2 or not.

You will get free upgrades to everything for as long as your existing maintenance is in effect (existing plus whatever you may have pre-paid). After your existing maintenance runs out then you just pay for whatever upgrades you want instead of maintenance. So just as an example - say you have 3.1 now and 11 months of maintenance left. If 4.0 ships in 8 months that is a free upgrade for you. If you don't have maintenance you pay whatever the upgrade is. So, no, 3.2 may not be your last free upgrade.

You will get free upgrades to everything for as long as your existing maintenance is in effect (existing plus whatever you may have pre-paid). After your existing maintenance runs out then you just pay for whatever upgrades you want instead of maintenance. So just as an example - say you have 3.1 now and 11 months of maintenance left. If 4.0 ships in 8 months that is a free upgrade for you. If you don't have maintenance you pay whatever the upgrade is. So, no, 3.2 may not be your last free upgrade.

Well, Since I have 3 weeks to go on my existing maintenance (Purchased June 29, 2009) where do I download 3.2? And do I need to request a new key when I install it?

Thx

CB

edit: Jumped the gun. I figured it out. thx

Back