Vizia RF+ Devices Not Sending Their Status to HAI

mikeindustries

Hi there. Not sure how long I've had this problem (possibly forever?) but I can't seem to get my Leviton Vizia RF+ devices (dimmers, switches, etc) to report changes in their status back to my HAI Omnipro II. It seems like the VRC0P is working fine because I can operate the switches remotely via PC Access and Haiku, but I can't seem to get the communication to go in the other direction. Interestingly also, if I have PC Access and Haiku open at the same time and I send a command from one (i.e. dim to 50%), the status is correctly updated on the other.

So, again, to sum up: the only thing that seems to not work at all is the switches sending their statuses when they are manipulated manually.

Any help would be appreciated. I've tried a ton of things like factory resetting the VRC0P, rediscovering the network, re-running the RS232 setup, etc.

Thanks.

I have one Leviton RF+ device, an VRP03 plug-in dimmer. It communicates its status, when operated manually, to VRC0P and from there to Elk.  Here's  a VRC0P trace on the serial port when the local button is pressed(can be seen by connecting the VRC0P to a PC and using putty, for example):

<N007:130,001       
<N007S000,000,000   
<N007S000,000,000  

The first line shows the "hail" command and two subsequent lines show the dimmer level, zero. With other RF+ devices, you may see just the status lines without the "hail".

So, I'd check if one can see the status on the VRC0P serial port first and then go from there.

Back