Vizia RF+ Issues

oh on the association, I use CQC to confirm/update the associations so the devices tell the VRCOP without needing to poll. Seems to work but TBH I've stopped caring given the VR, and i'm now triggering off other events instead of light on. 

jkmonroe said:
i highly doubt RFIT will recognize the ST controller considering it doesn't work with Cooper Aspire RF.

Is there a reference somewhere to it not working?  I just tried this yesterday and it.. sort of..works.

I'm able to replicate the Z-Wave setup into a Cooper Aspire controller, however the RFIT didn't show it as included.  The Cooper controller was configured and learned the devices though...

I have 3 of the Cooper Aspire RFWC5 keypads that the VRUSB/RFIT will not recognize.  I could get it included into the network, but could never get it to a point where I could set associations.

When you run the hop test? What is it reporting? Here is my test. Which lights are not responding quickly to an on/off command.

Is this a problem with “instant status.” Unfortunately, I have some of the same random instant status problems that you have seen. The problem seems to be more prevalent when a zone command is issued. The zone command causes a large number of notifications. I played around with this some using a zone command, followed by a “group update”. Multiple group updates seemed to produce inconsistent results.

It's possible that you have a weak node somewhere in your network. I would exclude the furthest devices and build a small network containing only 2 hops. You could see if the network's reliability improved. I am trying to track down a Leviton support document that talks about the best practices including using update routes and use a lower power level. This will cause the network reliability to improve, but at the cost of higher latency.

When calling Leviton TS and they cannot diagnose a problem, they just say 24 devices.  Nobody has ever proven there is a 24 device limit ... why not 25 devices. I don’t get the feeling that Leviton Support knows how to diagnose random problems. Leviton's own documentation indicates 7500 square feet and 72 devices (RFIT help - Maximize Performance in How Do I…).

Attachments

• Hop Count and Link Quality.PNG
    Hop Count and Link Quality.PNG
    29.1 KB · Views: 7
jkmonroe said:
I have 3 of the Cooper Aspire RFWC5 keypads that the VRUSB/RFIT will not recognize.  I could get it included into the network, but could never get it to a point where I could set associations.
So they act like they are in the network but are not listed in the RFIT device tree?

Meaning you can send commands from the keypads?

cobra said:
So they act like they are in the network but are not listed in the RFIT device tree?

Meaning you can send commands from the keypads?

No, it does list as an device, but RFIT does not enumerate the individual scene buttons, and according to RFIT that device has nothing to which I can associate.  So I can't associate switches with the keypad to create a scene.  It fails 100% of the time when I try to 'update controller'.

jkmonroe said:
No, it does list as an device, but RFIT does not enumerate the individual scene buttons, and according to RFIT that device has nothing to which I can associate.  So I can't associate switches with the keypad to create a scene.  It fails 100% of the time when I try to 'update controller'.
Did you take a look at the RFWC5 install instructions?  It looks like the scenes need to be made outside the Cooper device and then programmed to each button.

Did you try using the VR Remote Event manager in RFIT to create your scene?  And then use the 'Send Network Data to Remote' option on that menu? (Following the RFWC5 sequence, doing that for each button you want to program?)

Maybe you tried all that, just wondered...

It sounds familiar, but I no longer have RFIT installed to verify.  I might dig out my old VM and see what's what.

Back