Vizia RF windows application ready for testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the Wayne-Dalton (same as intermatic) remote master controler. It will enroll the dimmers just fine, however I cannot get it to enroll the RZCOP. Since I cannot grt the RZCOP enrolled it is not recognized by the program. Has anyone else gotten this combination to work?

Thanks
George

This is a little off topic but I've been busy on the web site and automation engine this weekend. I'll start a new thread for this once I get closer to a release.

I've added an Elk M1 driver to the automation engine and added quite a bit of content to johnnynine.com.

Depending on how much time I have this week I might be able to get a test build together for anyone that is interested...?

This is a little off topic but I've been busy on the web site and automation engine this weekend. I'll start a new thread for this once I get closer to a release.

I've added an Elk M1 driver to the automation engine and added quite a bit of content to johnnynine.com.

Depending on how much time I have this week I might be able to get a test build together for anyone that is interested...?

I´ll be back in 3 weeks, but I´m always up for more pain :(

Two quick questions:

- Once the XML file is created in J9's program, how do you import it into ElkRP?
- Are any specific jumper settings required on the Elk Serial Expander before connecting it to the RZC0P?

I have the Wayne-Dalton (same as intermatic) remote master controler. It will enroll the dimmers just fine, however I cannot get it to enroll the RZCOP. Since I cannot grt the RZCOP enrolled it is not recognized by the program. Has anyone else gotten this combination to work?

Thanks
George

I don't know if anyone here has gotten it to work, but last I knew you had to have a Leviton RZCPG-*SG to be able to include/program the RZC0P.

Two quick questions:

- Once the XML file is created in J9's program, how do you import it into ElkRP?
- Are any specific jumper settings required on the Elk Serial Expander before connecting it to the RZC0P?

1) right now you don't - Elk has only provided the beta firmware to the expander, not an update to elkrp to import

2) nope - per Spanky, it's hardset in the expander firmware (at least (and i would assume only) for the beta firmware):
"The software automatically sets the baud rate for the RZCOP. The jumpers are not used."

FYI, on the jumper question, in one of the enhancement requests on the beta i gave to Don/Spanky, i said it wuld be nice to use one of the jumpers for switching between either mixed support of groups and scenes or just switching between one or the other... (i.e. right now it only support groups - we could get fade rate control from the elk with scenes)....

Don, any news on the main problem we've reported?

-brad

Thanks
George

George, have you figured out how to enroll the RZC0P yet? I'm not 100% sure if anyone is using the RZC0P with a non-Leviton primary controller.

I had the same problem trying to use the monster avl300 remote. From what I understand the avl300 did not support adding controllers such as the vizia rf scene controllers and the rzcop. I gave in and picked up a vizia rf handheld controller.

I had the same problem trying to use the monster avl300 remote. From what I understand the avl300 did not support adding controllers such as the vizia rf scene controllers and the rzcop. I gave in and picked up a vizia rf handheld controller.
This is good to know.

Did you try adding a 1 button or 4 button scene controller when using the Monster remote or did you only hear that from word of mouth?

I tried adding a 4 button scene controller to no avail. I did not try any one button controllers. I had no problems with the Vizia RF switches/dimmers. I did however have problem getting 2 intermatic appliance plugin modules working with the avl300. I did not spend alot of time on the appliance modules. Also, could not get the RZCOP to work via the avl300.

I still need to see if I can get the avl300 to coexist with the vizia remotes and setup. Perhaps as a secondary controller.

Mike

Two quick questions:

1) right now you don't - Elk has only provided the beta firmware to the expander, not an update to elkrp to import

2) nope - per Spanky, it's hardset in the expander firmware (at least (and i would assume only) for the beta firmware):
"The software automatically sets the baud rate for the RZCOP. The jumpers are not used."

FYI, on the jumper question, in one of the enhancement requests on the beta i gave to Don/Spanky, i said it wuld be nice to use one of the jumpers for switching between either mixed support of groups and scenes or just switching between one or the other... (i.e. right now it only support groups - we could get fade rate control from the elk with scenes)....

Don, any news on the main problem we've reported?

-brad

Thanks for the jumper info! Elk sent the firmware with no info on jumpers so I was not sure. I was able to import the XML file from J9's program with ElkRP 1.6.22. You right click "lights" and then provide the path to the file and it actually worked! I don't have an incredibly advance lighting setup (about 15 switches at this point) but look forward to hooking everything up to the elk and reporting back.

Thanks!

I was able to import the XML file from J9's program with ElkRP 1.6.22. You right click "lights" and then provide the path to the file and it actually worked! I don't have an incredibly advance lighting setup (about 15 switches at this point) but look forward to hooking everything up to the elk and reporting back.

Thanks!

Dang it!!!! i did all that typing for nothing!

QUOTE(George M @ Jan 6 2008, 07:33 PM)

Thanks
George

George, have you figured out how to enroll the RZC0P yet? I'm not 100% sure if anyone is using the RZC0P with a non-Leviton primary controller.

I have not. Kind of gave up on it. I was going to send the RZCOP back, but then saw here that it may work connected to an ELK system - is that right? I am just setting up an ELK system in a new house and would rather have it work with ELK than the Wayne-Dalton contrller.

George

THE BETA WILL BE EXPIRING IN A COUPLE DAYS

The beta application will simply stop working, but I will have a new version up soon.

I was hoping to get the release up this week but unfortunately one of the domain name companies hijacked my domain name for the product when I did a who-is so I'm waiting until next week for them to release it so I can buy it at a lower cost elsewhere... assuming they release it. Disappointing. :)

I'll post the new version as soon as I buy the associated domain name. After that fiasco I'm afraid someone else would buy the domain once they see the name of the product (low chance, but you never know).

You'll still be able to get it from http://johnnynine.com

Johnny

George,

You can use the rzcop with the elk. However, you still need to get the rzcop into the zwave network with the use of a primary controller. I had to bite the bullet and buy one of the vizia rf remotes.

Regards,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back