Vizia RF windows application ready for testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a busy weekend but I plan to have an update online this evening.

It should fix the Queue Empty bug.

There was a beta version of the M1XSP that supported the Leviton RZCOP to some level sent out about two weeks ago. The beta testers have not provided much feedback to date to determine if it works properly. I will verify that the latest version of the ELKRP will import the XML file that Johnnynine builds.

Johnnynine, you are our hero!!

For those beta testers, I've updated the download to version 0.99.4.0. This version includes some more menu options and should fix the "Queue Empty" bug.

If you can please leave the application up and running for a few hours (or as long as possible) too see if you get any lockups or hard application crashes.

Thanks.

I would love to be providing feedback to both Johnnynine and Spanky but unfortunately, I am waiting on my Vizia Remote from AO. Will update as soon as I can.

Mike

Good News! The Vizia RF class now supports all the documented Vizia RF commands.

The GUI however does not. :) But I have added a few new minor options to the application, I'll try to get an update up tomorrow.

Phase 2: Event Processing Engine

I have started working on an event processing engine that supports the Vizia RF class that I wrote. It will be ready to test after the holidays.

So far the supported plug-ins are Date/Time, and Vizia RF/ZWave which allows events to be fired based on time and date changes and level changes and button presses on ZWave devices.

The engine is multi-threaded and uses a plug-in architecture, meaning that third parties can add plugins. Currently they must be written using Microsoft.Net.

Here is an example rule snippet. This may change slightly as it evolves but this is how it works now.
Code:
<Rule>
	<Name>MyRule</Rule>
	<Whenever>
		<DriverName>MyViziaRF</DriverName>
		<Event>
			<Name>LevelChanged</Name>
			<Parameters>
				<Parameter>
					<Name>blah</Name>
					<Value>blahblah</Value>
				</Paramter>
			</Parameters>
		</Event>
	</Whenever>
	< Script>
		if (EventArgs.NodeID == 5 || EventArgs.NodeID == 3)
			if (EventArgs.NewLevel >= 50)
				MyViziaRF.SetLevel(10, 99)
			endif
		endif
	</Script>
</Rule>

The above rule executes whenever the level is changed on the specified zwave device (this event really has no parameters, but I added a junk one just as an example). The script then executes and can be as simple as a single command, or can have conditional logic in it as above. This example script basically says that anytime the level on node 3 or 5 goes over level 50 (out of 100) then set node 10's level to 99. The script is just a language I made up and is somewhat of a cross between C#/java/and VB6. It supports comments, variables and simple datatypes like numbers, booleans, strings and a dictionary object. It supports while(), for(), if/else/endif, and most all operators, including a Math object (for unusual things like Ceiling, Log, Abs) and a Sql object(not sure if I'll include the sql object at first). I'll likely have to add support to encrypt the script as there could be sensitive data there.

I have not created a windows interface for rule creation, but it could be done.

This is a separate application from the Phase 1 application that discovers and controls Zwave devices through the Vizia RF RZC0P.

Any feedback is welcome.

Johnny

edit: I can't seem to get that less than sign to show the "S" immediately after it.

John --

I upgraded to 0.99.4.0. One thing I noticed is that groups I created on the previous version are no longer available (don't appear in the list)

John --

I upgraded to 0.99.4.0. One thing I noticed is that groups I created on the previous version are no longer available (don't appear in the list)

Did you save your configuration? I don't believe I sent you the instructions, I send you a new pm with them.

John --

Did you save your configuration? I don't believe I sent you the instructions, I send you a new pm with them.

John --

I did save the group information, but there's no way to "open" the saved file again, unless that's automatic?

John --

John --

I did save the group information, but there's no way to "open" the saved file again, unless that's automatic?

It's automatic.

John --

John --

It's automatic.

Hmmm.... not sure then. Anyway, it's not that hard to redefine the groups, I just have to remember which node goes where.

Does anyone know whether intermatic/act devices send out a signal that leviton devices can read for real-time status? I'm still unable to get "events" in the RCZOP when I adjust some of my test dimmers

Not sure if I am doing something wrong but the node names from my primary remote are not coming over into the app. Most of the node names in the app are showing RZCOP. Any suggestions?

Nevermind, I think I am ok now.

Can anyone make any recommendations on free forum software and maybe wiki software... preferably ASP.NET.

Unfortunately I didn't have any time to work on this project over the holidays except a few hours yesterday.

Currently there are 2 applications (nameless at this point):

1. Windows application that allows for on demand control of the zwave network as well as creating RZC0P groups and exporting data to ElkRP.
Status: Almost ready for release and needs some documentation.

2. Automation Engine (windows service) that supports the RZC0P, time based events and global variable events, and supports 3rd party plugin drivers.
Status: Works as described but needs some cleanup, configuration load ability, and documentation. I plan on adding more drivers over time.

I'd like to set up a web site that I can host the 2 applications on and allow user's to post questions and comments, as well as providing documentation (maybe wiki style).

The software will be available at no cost, however I plan to provide a link for paypal donations to keep the project going.

I'm looking for suggestions on hosting software and application names (I already have a web server and ISP).

Thanks,
Johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back