webcam software feature matrix

jskibo said:
I found what looks to be the same card as the 8 cam version from kitparts, but $100 cheaper on ebay card so I took the chance and will let you know how well it works for an 8 port 240fps card.
Did you get the card yet? I just noticed that the model numbers aren't the same.

I got it tonight. I will install it on Saturday and see what I got. The chips are Conexant 878A's and there are 8 of them. I need to hit the shack and get some BNC to RCA adaptors tomorrow.

I was late getting in tonight as I had to pick up 2 Planar 12" touchscreens I bought at aucton last night. Excellent screens, new backlights in both, glass covers (so daughter won't mess them up and $165 a piece.....Plus the guy is local and let me pick which 2 of the 10 I wanted. Hmmm, wonder what i can do with these :D

Pretty sure that chipset will work with the typical windows security webcam application. Keep us posted!

If we both like this card, maybe Martin can stock them for others.

Are you positive that is where they come from? or they just look identical? I swear everybody is Asia makes nearly identical cards. :D

Time to bug Martin about it, I bet these would sell better than the current cards he has.

That's the link the guy coughed up when I mentioned that the card I received didn't look like the ad. It doesn't have the heatsinks on the chips (That is why I knew what the chip was). So far so good. It took the generic WDM drivers listed on page 3 of this thread and loaded all 8 devices (recognized as BT878 chips). Looks like a great price for the card, wonder what Martin can get these for in bulk?

He said the vendor changed the config.

Success! Drivers loaded fine, shows up as 8 devices. Active Webcam recognizes it.

Looks to be a winner.......

Martin, when are you going to get these? :D

Are these available at AutomatedOutlet yet? Any additional feedback?

I've finished installing all my Keypadlincs and insteon switches, ran the in-wall speaker wire for most of my whole-house audio, have all my alarm sensors/detectors setup and am NOW ready to begin installing security cameras.

I received my card yesterday. It came with the 8way octopus with BNC connectors and an unlabeled CR-R. I haven't had a chance to test the card.

It seems that the supplier has changed since jskibo posted a week ago. I was hoping for a card that supported alarm input/outputs. The docs mentions PTZ control, but I don't recall seeing a connector for it on what I received. I don't think the Asianwolf web picture matches what I received either. I will look tonight and try to post a pic of what I received. It seems like it may be potluck and every purchaser gets a card, any card. As long as it has 8 video chips, it should work for basic functionality with Active webcam. At least the seller replies to email. :p
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 10:18 PM

>I did not receive what you pictured. My card is green, yours is blue, but
> that is no big deal. Yours has a "made in China", mine has no markings
> whatsoever. Who is the manufacturer of this? What model number do they
> call it? What happened to the heat sinks that are on yours, but not mine?
> What happened to the extra connectors on yours that are not on mine?

Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 12:10 AM

Sorry, I'm sold out of those, so had to start shipping these out.
These are actually better than the ones showed, because the ones
showed had problems and I had to exchange lots of them. Strange.

I'm sorry though, I should definitely change the picture.

And the connections should be the same. They're both 8 channel 240
FPS. I have no idea who manufactures them, I just get them from my
suppliers in LA

Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 7:50 AM

> Do you have updated documentation for the different card? Do you have
> anything that explains what is on the CD? There appear to be 5 copies of
> the Kodicom manual on the CD. They are all in English and 86 pages long.
> What is the difference between the 5 copies?

Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 11:17 AM

I apologize, I don't. I just resell. If you want, you can contact the
people who make them at www.asianwolf.com

Back