Where is the port to update the RC2000?

leeleses

Where is the port to update the RC2000?

I have the updater app and the firmware.

I was going to update it from 14.27 to 15.07

But when I went to look at it, I can't find a USB port to update it like there is on the 81A00 ZIM.

It's always something!  LOL  

Thanks ano, I had a feeling.

So how do you start the update process for the stat?

Can you share how the update process is performed for it?

Have not powered up the stat yet, perhaps one of the menu options in the stat for the Zigbee is "update?"

leeleses said:
Thanks ano, I had a feeling.

So how do you start the update process for the stat?

Can you share how the update process is performed for it?

Have not powered up the stat yet, perhaps one of the menu options in the stat for the Zigbee is "update?"
So you need to manually install the firmware in the Zigbee updater because it doesn't automatically grab the latest firmware anymore. There is a Mac/PC directory where you install the firmware and the updater reads it.

Then, via USB you download the updates to the ZIM. ALWAYS install RADIO firmware first. Then, assuming the ZIM is connected to a thermostat, it will automatically update the thermostat.  I think RC2000 radio firmware is 15.08 and the main RC2000 is 15.07.  So you need it all running and connected before it can be updated.

Thanks very much ano!

I believe you're right -- 15.07 / 15.08 ish

What fun trying to collect PC Access & these firmware's for various devices while they can still be found!  UGH!

Thanks very much ano!

I believe you're right -- 15.07 / 15.08 ish

What fun trying to collect PC Access & these firmware's for various devices while they can still be found! UGH!

Were you successful updating the RC-2000? Would you be able to share the firmware and updater for that process? I have PC Access, but just switched from an old RC-80 to an RC-2000 after upgrading my HVAC system.

Thanks!

Back