Which tools need for making RG59 & RG6 cables

tomas21

I'm looking to start run RG59 & RG6 in our house for CCTV & Digital cable. I'm trying to figure out what is the best tool to strip the wires and put on F connectors. I also plan to use the Leviton wall plates for some applications.

Was looking at this 1 in 2 tool 9800US or a kit like this Catv/satellite Compression Crimp Kit

What does everyone recommend for this application? Also plan to put in CAT5e in the future.

You need a rotary stripper and a decent compression tool. That first link is a POS, it won't last. The second is broken or now unavailable.

EDIT: For the CCTV stuff you can use twist on BNCs, if you put F types on them you'll have to get 2 adapters per cam to hook it up.

You need a rotary stripper and a decent compression tool. That first link is a POS, it won't last. The second is broken or now unavailable.

EDIT: For the CCTV stuff you can use twist on BNCs, if you put F types on them you'll have to get 2 adapters per cam to hook it up.

Thanks for the heads up... So for an affordable rotary stripper & compression tool which ones do you recommend? Online retailers?

I picked up one of these compression tools from Martin at AO last week
and have been using it to install some Paladin RCA connectors with good
success. This compression tool has the various tips needed for RCA, BNC, and
F connectors. Only about $33.

Tool here

gk

MCM has compression BNC fittings for RG59 on sale for .59 cents. It's the best deal I have found on them.

You need to use the promo code 709C02

Brian

Well after some various PM's and research I think the best overall solution would be the two following tools. This should give me the most flexibility for various applications

Compression Tool - CPLCCT-SLM
Wire Stripper- Cable Pro PSA59/6 Cable Stripper

Back