Who has Nuvo Music Port?

awesome..thanks...what the hell is going on there that their support path is a dead end?

CB.. still having the issue of other MP channels blending into one another?

I played with my setup some today..it turned out i had it temporary fixed by just having only 1 channel... :)

I have the MP set for 2 channels...and through advanced setup set it for quadraphonic... for some reason it pick front left/right and rear left/right as the channel...whereas if i set the realteak driver to quadraphonic it pick front left/right and Center/Sub... so that wasn't working. By keeping the MP set for quadrafonic but setting the realtek software to 6 channel i was able to use front L/R and center/sub and life is good again...you bet i made an acronis image at this point...hahaha

The HD audio thing is still listed in my device manager as having issues...but it doesnt bother me and things seem to be working...

glad that worked. I dunno, their site is completely messed up. I suppose somebody thought it would look cooler having a flash animation that goes nowhere. The writing in the Kilowatt area leave much to desire. My system got worse...no sources now. Doesn't matter what I select, mono, quad, 5.1, 7.1, none of it works. It doesn't see my realtek sound card just windows default legacy audio, and that doesn't work on it either... I'm extremely unimpressed with the MP so far, and Autonomics flaky software. It also seems everytime I make a change in the MCS configuration it loses the connection with the GC - so I have to reboot each time I change something or I'm not really testing the setting. What a joke....

I was able to download the configurator without logging into the Prozone, from the Kilowatt newsletter directly. But I did send an email to Nuvo, asking them to fix the login problem. I could log in Thurs, but not yesterday.

CharlieB, the latest Nuvo KiloWatt newsletter detailed a significant problem with the Essentia and/or GC. Any chance you have that same problem? Link to latest newsletter:
http://newsletter.nuvotechnologies.com/pro...watt-vol39.html

Jamie, you say set up the GC first, and then the MP. Since the MP provides my only sources, I guess I'm stuck.

glad that worked. I dunno, their site is completely messed up. I suppose somebody thought it would look cooler having a flash animation that goes nowhere. The writing in the Kilowatt area leave much to desire. My system got worse...no sources now. Doesn't matter what I select, mono, quad, 5.1, 7.1, none of it works. It doesn't see my realtek sound card just windows default legacy audio, and that doesn't work on it either... I'm extremely unimpressed with the MP so far, and Autonomics flaky software. It also seems everytime I make a change in the MCS configuration it loses the connection with the GC - so I have to reboot each time I change something or I'm not really testing the setting. What a joke....

I emailed someone on NuVo's site to see if they'd restore my access to the prozone, but someone else found the link earlier, going to have to bookmark that.

Charlie, you said you were using XP SP3 right? I haven't looked up the specs on your motherboard, but does it do HDMI as well? Mine does, and I had to figure out the hard way that it treats the audio from the HDMI source, and the onboard sound card (Realtek as well) seperately, and it can only play from one at a time, and for some reason my HDMI source kept making itself the primary device to play sound from.. you have to make sure that it defaults to the Realtek under the windows sound configuration.. Couple extra questions and suggestions i've got to see if i or others can help you out further.. Have you downloaded the newest drivers for your onboard sound card from realtek? I've found their better than the ones supplied by my motherboard maker, also are you able to play sounds from your Onboard audio card from Windows Media player and / or Itunes without the use of the music port? I just want to make sure it's not your audio drivers or configuration giving you headache instead of the MP software..

I emailed someone on NuVo's site to see if they'd restore my access to the prozone, but someone else found the link earlier, going to have to bookmark that.

Charlie, you said you were using XP SP3 right? I haven't looked up the specs on your motherboard, but does it do HDMI as well? Mine does, and I had to figure out the hard way that it treats the audio from the HDMI source, and the onboard sound card (Realtek as well) seperately, and it can only play from one at a time, and for some reason my HDMI source kept making itself the primary device to play sound from.. you have to make sure that it defaults to the Realtek under the windows sound configuration.. Couple extra questions and suggestions i've got to see if i or others can help you out further.. Have you downloaded the newest drivers for your onboard sound card from realtek? I've found their better than the ones supplied by my motherboard maker, also are you able to play sounds from your Onboard audio card from Windows Media player and / or Itunes without the use of the music port? I just want to make sure it's not your audio drivers or configuration giving you headache instead of the MP software..

Hey guys thanks for the suggestions. My GC came with Firmware 2.28 so when I plugged it in I went straight to 2.57 from the last newsletter and since I hadn't done any configuration previously my GC wasn't 'bricked' as the newsletter suggests.

Forgets: I had tried it without the XP3 but under the documentation from Autonomic it states the minimum requirements for XP is SP3, thus I upgraded. Maybe I should roll it back and try again. this board doesn't do HDMI so I wouldn't think that had much effect. When I open Sound and Video Devices it says the default player is Realtek HD Audio. I have not tried drivers from Realtek, just the latest driver supplied by the motherboard manufacturer (Gigabyte) dated July 2009. I'll give that a try and see if it helps. I can plug in a cheap set of speakers to the audio outs on the motherboard and I am able to play back without issue. I assume it's the MCS just not seeing the Realtek device, I just don't know why..... I'll report back after I try Realtek drivers.

Thanks guys!

CB

Hey guys thanks for the suggestions. My GC came with Firmware 2.28 so when I plugged it in I went straight to 2.57 from the last newsletter and since I hadn't done any configuration previously my GC wasn't 'bricked' as the newsletter suggests.

Forgets: I had tried it without the XP3 but under the documentation from Autonomic it states the minimum requirements for XP is SP3, thus I upgraded. Maybe I should roll it back and try again. this board doesn't do HDMI so I wouldn't think that had much effect. When I open Sound and Video Devices it says the default player is Realtek HD Audio. I have not tried drivers from Realtek, just the latest driver supplied by the motherboard manufacturer (Gigabyte) dated July 2009. I'll give that a try and see if it helps. I can plug in a cheap set of speakers to the audio outs on the motherboard and I am able to play back without issue. I assume it's the MCS just not seeing the Realtek device, I just don't know why..... I'll report back after I try Realtek drivers.

Thanks guys!

CB
hmm, sounds like you have covered all the bases.. I'll post up some screencaps of what my settings look like in the MP software, maybe that'll jar something, i'll keep messing around with my settings to see if i can duplicate what you're getting.

ETA: I looked up your motherboard's manual, the only thing i can think of right now, is maybe it's confusing the SPDIF port with the Speaker Jack ports, but you can play it normally through windows media player / itunes, so the MP software should be able to do the same.. Since yours has the same audio control panel, try disabling front panel jack detection and input detection in the realtek applet.. i think one of those might have given me some trouble once.. I'll try and have those screencaps up tomorrow, if anyone else wants to post their settings for Charlie or for the thread that might help others as well, so they can try duplicating settings in working installs.

I don't know if the newest version of .NET is what you want - someone said MP ships with .NET, on the CD?

Using USB/serial adapters? Which? Some older ones won't work. It had been a problem with the Elk M1 for some, and this was a problem for a MP, mentioned in a remotecentral.com forum thread.

I found a remotecentral.com thread with someone complaining of the error "No Install is Currently Available". His fix was to re-install MCS, obtained from the ProZone - something you've already tried.
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboar...ght=music|port|

I bet Nuvo Tech Support will walk you through the setup, after a clean uninstall.

MP Instructions say a reboot is necessary for MCS.

CB and Mav,

The issue with the sources playing over each other I had and detailed earlier in the thread. Look that up for a more complete explanation, but the short version is I have a 7.1 sound card but I was only going to use 3 sources. So I set my sound card and the MSC config to 5.1. I would get that bleed over from whatever source was on my front speakers. So, I went back and set the sound card to 7.1, still only setup 3 sources, but had a "dummy" source that was assigned to my side left and right surrounds. So, in the Realteck control panel I assigned my Fronts, sub and center, and rear surrounds to the active outputs. After that no problem, I can play three different sources with no bleed through. I called Nuvo about the problem and while they tried to help I did not get a solution. I did not get to contact Autonomic before I stumbled on the solution myself. I called Nuvo back and related the fix so they could hopefully help someone else with the problem.

--jamie

Update: Ok so I grabbed another machine I had lying around that's a couple of years old now and did a fresh install of XP, no service packs or anything else. Just XP and the mobo/realtek (AC97 7.1 onboard) drivers. Installed Autonomics software, reboot, program gone. Uninstall the .net and C++ runtime Autonomic installed, reboot, retry Autnomic software again, reboot, program gone. Uninstall the .net and C++ runtime Autonomic installed, reboot, try the setup downloaded from ProZone, reboot, program crashes immediately on startup. Install Autonomics version over top of Nuvos version, didn't reboot. Program runs, sees the sound card. I set the sound card up exactly as Royalj7 suggested and I now have 3 independent streams, non overlapping. So it's working. But I have to say this is the 3rd computer I've tried getting this working on, all different hardware.

There is some serious flaws in the Autonomic/Nuvo software for it do be THIS hard to get it working. You'd think before they released a program it would go through the ringer in the sandbox to ensure the end user can install it with minimal hassle. Overall, not impressed.

On a final note, neither Nuvo nor Autonomic's tech support ever got back to me as promised. Nice!

CB

Update: Ok so I grabbed another machine I had lying around that's a couple of years old now and did a fresh install of XP, no service packs or anything else. Just XP and the mobo/realtek (AC97 7.1 onboard) drivers. Installed Autonomics software, reboot, program gone. Uninstall the .net and C++ runtime Autonomic installed, reboot, retry Autnomic software again, reboot, program gone. Uninstall the .net and C++ runtime Autonomic installed, reboot, try the setup downloaded from ProZone, reboot, program crashes immediately on startup. Install Autonomics version over top of Nuvos version, didn't reboot. Program runs, sees the sound card. I set the sound card up exactly as Royalj7 suggested and I now have 3 independent streams, non overlapping. So it's working. But I have to say this is the 3rd computer I've tried getting this working on, all different hardware.

There is some serious flaws in the Autonomic/Nuvo software for it do be THIS hard to get it working. You'd think before they released a program it would go through the ringer in the sandbox to ensure the end user can install it with minimal hassle. Overall, not impressed.

On a final note, neither Nuvo nor Autonomic's tech support ever got back to me as promised. Nice!

CB

-MP MCS SW works on XP SP2 or Vista SP1 - maybe your fresh XP install was SP1?
-The MCS SW may have disappeared after the reboot if you didn't register it
-I don't think the MCS downloaded from the ProZone includes .net, possibly explaining why it crashed immediately
-Autonomic's version may include .net

Just theories, thinking out loud.

I really hate this .net crap. Nuvo needs to cover .net in their MP white paper.

I bet that's the big problem, but I'm only slightly familiar with the '.net framework'.

I'm really glad you were able to get it running.

CB

-MP MCS SW works on XP SP2 or Vista SP1 - maybe your fresh XP install was SP1?
-The MCS SW may have disappeared after the reboot if you didn't register it
-I don't think the MCS downloaded from the ProZone includes .net, possibly explaining why it crashed immediately
-Autonomic's version may include .net

Just theories, thinking out loud.

I really hate this .net crap. Nuvo needs to cover .net in their MP white paper.

I bet that's the big problem, but I'm only slightly familiar with the '.net framework'.

I'm really glad you were able to get it running.

Sigh. Well, the reboot broke it again. I'm tired of doing reinstall after reinstall to get this thing temporarily working. I'm going back to Casatunes. Nuvo and Autonomic have a lot of work to do to stable the install of their *product*.

CB

Hey guys,
First time on the forum!

Just installed Essentia with a brand new HTPC I built with Windows 7 x64 and iTunes 9.

MCS just installed (after finding out the disc sent with box was old - didn't work, then having to get a new password to the new ProZone site... basically came across every issue you guys had here)

So, after connecting everything... All Albums, Artists, Favorites are empty on the control pads? Is this not compatible with iTunes 9? I'm going to try MediaPlayer next, but just wanted anyone else's input.

Any help/info would be great!

thanks in advance!

Hey mahls10,

Have you tried the Client software (flash app)?

I assume you're configured the MCS to 'Intunes and Windows Media player'?

I havent upgrades to iTunes 9 yet since it doesnt play nice with Win2k3 server.

Do you get the Essentia or the E6G?

wow...windows 7 64 bit...this is cutting edge and asking for driver trouble in my opinion. :wacko:

An update to my situation. I spent some time both on the phone and with remote desktop with support from Autonomic yesterday. I watched everything he did and I am now able to get the musicport working again when it loses it's connection. I would say it's somewhat stable now, streaming 4 MP3 streams, XM radio, but not pandora (yet). A couple of things to note:

1) If your GC or Client software is not connecting, bring up the MCS configuration file and just click save. This forces the MCS software to restart it's server service and in most cases will solve the connection issue.
2) Under taskman, you should have a service running called: Ahcsshell.exe. In fact, there should bean equal number of these running for the amount of sources you have added, plus 1. This extra one is the connection service required for the HC/client software to connect.
3) If you want to check the status of the server and it's switches, run a command prompt and type 'telnet localhost 5004'. Once connected, type 'getstatus'. This should show the server service and it's switches. For a complete list of commands, type ? (standard telnet commands)
4) If you are experiencing the install/reboot/deleted folders issue, before you reboot, run regedit and look in this folder:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

and make sure this key is set to -autorun, not -remove

\\Autonomic Controls\Media Control Server\\bin\FX2_0\\AhCsshell.exe\ -autorun

hope that helps some people.

CB

Are you getting your XM from online through the MP?

Or where did you obtain the MCS beta software? I'd like to try the XM / Pandora thing but only have the Nuvo supplier version.

When i put Nuvo CD in it immediately when to download an updated version.

Back