Who has Nuvo Music Port?

Are you getting your XM from online through the MP?

Or where did you obtain the MCS beta software? I'd like to try the XM / Pandora thing but only have the Nuvo supplier version.

When i put Nuvo CD in it immediately when to download an updated version.

Hi Mavric.

Getting XM through the MCS beta software via the online Xm service (I signed up for a 10 day trial). I have the link to the beta software. PM me and I'll provide the link.

CB

Charlie, do you know, offhand, the pricing on the online XM service?

$142 a year. but I also read that if you currently have a subscription to XM in your vehicle you get the online for free. Unfortunately, I have sirius in the vehicle, and the same rule does not apply :wacko:

You're kidding! No Sirius online with beta MCS? Any plans in the future?

I also have Sirius in my car.

This has me thinking that Sirius will be replaced with XM.

Hard to believe Sirius/XM won't give us 1 if we have the other.

Having some difficulty with the install.

It appears my SIIG PCI 2-port serial card that I installed doesn't like Vista. NewEgg said it was Vista compatible, and the quick start guide that came with the card says it's Vista compatible, but online quick-start guide says sorry, no dice. I put in a complaint to SIIG - we'll see if I need to come up with another solution (USB->serial adapter, Edgeport, etc.).

I've been having trouble with the Nuvo Configurator software. The Source tab is always populated when I bring it up - always says Nuvo Generic Device, for all 6 sources. I can't change each source, no matter what I do. I tried Vista, and XP. Multiple fresh installs. I save the configuration immediately, under a different file name - nothing I've done will let me change the sources.

Spent a few good, rare 3 hours without the kids this afternoon, a little disappointed I couldn't make this happen.

I decided to try the install without the Music Port, and add it in after I get the GC running. I'm trying to use an old Denon AVR as a single source, to get the system up and running. I'll add the MP after I get the basics ironed out.

Any help appreciated.

I found more time to work on the issues.

Still no headway with the serial ports. If Siig doesn't help, I'll likely try an Edgeport, or a couple USB/232 adapters.

I figured out my problem with the Nuvo Configurator software - every time I saved the config (first thing after opening factory config), it wasn't saving.

I have to physically type the .gc file extension when entering the file name. I've never seen that before, for any software. I'll find a few hours tomorrow to play with the Config SW.

Still no headway with the serial ports. If Siig doesn't help, I'll likely try an Edgeport, or a couple USB/232 adapters.

I have successfully com'd with the GC using a USB-serial dongle. But it is squirrely, occasionally not wanting to talk at all. But it was fine for testing and initial config of the Nuvo.

I have also successfully used my Quatech serial servers (CT thread here), which is planned as the eventual method for CQC to interface.

Ouch I feel your pain. Valuable wiring, configuration time and you are wrestling with the operating system and PCI cards.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I have the MCS w/Essentia system. I originally had it loaded/configured via XP where they configured my essentia h/w - since then I replaced my XP box with Vista and have everything working (had to use beta s/w from Autonomics vice Nuvo) but - I'm unable to download my config file from essentia.

I wasn't worried about it before cause its working - but if I want to upgrade the config later - it would be nice to download what is currently running and save &/or modify it.

Thanks.

The Nuvo Configurator SW allows you to grab the config from the Essentia.

I haven't opened my MP SW yet - is the Configurator combined with the MP SW?

The Nuvo Configurator SW allows you to grab the config from the Essentia.

I haven't opened my MP SW yet - is the Configurator combined with the MP SW?

The problem is - when you open the configuratior software - 1st tab lets you open a config file you have stored on your hard drive - or - pull the current config down from the Essentia. I want to choose option 2 - but I get an error - some kind of communication error if I recall. I'll take a look tonight when I get home from work and post exact error.

Digi Edgeport/2 arrived today.

Took me 1 minute to load the provided Digi Edgeport drivers, from the CD.

Took me 3 minutes to program the Nuvo Configurator SW, for the MP. Configuration uploaded to GC.

Now onto the MP SW...

Having some trouble, hope someone can help.

I want to change the GC settings using the Configurator SW. MP is connected.

Do I need to remove the MP in order to use the Configurator SW?

Thanks!

I always have to remove the serial cable from the music port and connect it directly to the Concerto. I don't think it will communicate when the cable is connected to the music port.

Back and forth, Configurator to MP, back to Configurator, back to MP.

I'm happy to say I now have 4 sources from the MP. :(

I think I'll set up a receiver as a 5th source, for the only local FM station I listen to, before wiring the multiple zones. Currently, I have 2 zones set up in the wiring closet, for troubleshooting. ;) I really should offer that station to my wife, when I re-wire the existing single zone DA system (zone 2 from the family room AVR (which has internet radio, BTW)).

I wonder if Nuvo will ever make good on their MP internet radio upgrade claim.

Back