Zombie 5820

Piasa

So I've got this 5820L which was showing Normal even when it's magnet was moved away.  I removed it from its installation and magnet.  Still showing Normal.  Removed the battery.  Still showing normal.

Specifically, in the "Status" screen, it shows Status = Normal, State = EOLR(=), Volts = 0.0.

How so I kill this zombie?

It worked when installed appx March 2105.  Then I had no access to it until last week.  Beginning about April, it showed trouble (lost transmitter) so I remotely disabled it.  Now, with access again, I re-enabled it, and cannot get it to show violated.

Deleted, reconfigured, replaced unit, assigned it to another zone.

Any issue with wireless zones 46 - 48?

Piasa said:
Deleted, reconfigured, replaced unit, assigned it to another zone.

You've used an entirely different unit but it is still not working?

What method did you use to program the wireless part of the deal? I program my devices manually. The only time I've had an issue in any way similar to what you describe the Elk was listening on the wrong loop (but it was with a different device than the 5820L, so I don't know the specifics of this device).

Piasa said:
Any issue with wireless zones 46 - 48?

Not that I recall. I've not hit these zones yet in my installation though.

Definition: 01=Burglar Entry/Exit1
Type: 0=EOL Hardwire/Wireless
Supervised: 1=Normal Supervision
Option 1, Option 2, PIR not checked

Code entered into 5800 Series Transmitter H ID field.  Loop 1 or 2 selected as appropriate

Yes, I have tried an entirely different sensor with the same settings.  I tried it in zone 46, 47, and 48.

I do not have hardwired expanders.

Back