zwave thermostats?

also not sure on elk but this is zwave tstat is fine also and much cheaper wayne dalton zwave tstat. it depends on your hvac wiring and needs mostly. from a physical point of view the whole point of zwave is remote control so aesthetics shouldn't matter so much IMO. of course this is up to you. the buttons on the wayne dalton are a little rough and hard but from a zwave perspective they are basically the same and wayne dalton has a 2nd mode for regular handheld zwave remotes to control off/on like a light switch. not sure if the trane (which is rebranded rcs tz40) does also.

also i think rcs came out with a cheaper tz43 recently also although i haven't tried that one. i have used the tz40 (aka trane also), the wayne dalton, and the intermatic (rebranded wayne dalton). main difference as i said is in physical hvac support options not the zwave portion. tz40 supports more pumps or something i believe. something for your hvac guy to pour over on schematics.

what are best zwave thermostats to use with Elk M1G?
I have two WDTC-20 driven from my HAI OmniPro. I'm very happy with them and the zwave command set seems well implemented, except that you cannot enable the fan to run without heat/cool. The 'fan on' switch is a physical switch and cannot be driven from zwave commands. Not a big deal for me, just FYI.

The WDTC-20 can usually be retrofitted without needing to fiddle with the wiring at the furnace. IIRC the TR series require an intermediary interface box that goes between the thermostat wiring and the furnace. They use the existing wiring to send the signals so no need to open the walls

john is right on the 40 series. there is a separate block between the wall unit and the hvac itself (in other words it is a 2 piece system). the tz43 doesn't use an intermediary interface i believe though. it is a single unit like the wayne dalton (although more expensive if i remember correctly).

Back