Haiku HAI and the iPAD

Yes, i use HLC mode for all dimmers and all dimmers are HAI branded. I don't know cameras brand. I bought them on amazon, but it is realy doesn't matter, they work good. My cameras connected to Everfocus DVR.

Why oh why can't we have a pc version....no macs in this house
sad.png

There's always the Hackintosh. http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/unibeast-install-mac-os-x-lion-using.html

Is there anyway with the Audio section to be able to type in a particular numbered channel for Russound? My TCH1 no longer works with IOS5 and I don't think Russound cares much about updating it! I realized I wired my Omnipro to the serial port on the MCA-C5 so I would like to tune a channel or a preset? Looks like I am limited to up and down channel? Any thoughts? I realize Russound has a new app that I should consider but I have to do some writing to make that all happen.

Thanks!

Neil

@sshearer
Are you using HLC?
Actually everything seems to be working fine this evening. My best guess as to why it was not working the first night is that after the lights had been turned on due to time of day, I shut the controller down to install a firmware update chip (from 2.12A to 3.9) so I could use HAIKU. Perhaps this confused the system for a while. I noticed tonight that with respect to the lights that are activated by a motion sensor (which turns the lights on when you walk down the hall and then turns the lights off in 2 minutes if there is no more motion detected, the app even gives a countdown to how soon that light will turn off. I am really liking this app. Now I need to set it up to be able to control the system when I am away from the house. Since I am using dyndns for the home network and have an internet name for my network, I am not anticipating any problems.

Scott

Yes, i use HLC mode for all dimmers and all dimmers are HAI branded. I don't know cameras brand. I bought them on amazon, but it is realy doesn't matter, they work good. My cameras connected to Everfocus DVR.

The statuses of lights should work correctly, as long as the controller hasn't just been reset or reconfigured. Note that the lights must be configured as HLC not UPB. Try refreshing the config by going to the About tab and clicking the top right action button and selecting Clear Cache.

Regarding the cameras, you are entering an HTML URL, but Haiku wants the direct MJPEG URL. You should be able to get it from the HTML page by viewing source. If you need help you can PM me w/ the source or a link to a camera.

The statuses of lights should work correctly, as long as the controller hasn't just been reset or reconfigured. Note that the lights must be configured as HLC not UPB. Try refreshing the config by going to the About tab and clicking the top right action button and selecting Clear Cache.

Regarding the cameras, you are entering an HTML URL, but Haiku wants the direct MJPEG URL. You should be able to get it from the HTML page by viewing source. If you need help you can PM me w/ the source or a link to a camera.

Thanks for reply, lupinglade! Will try tomorrow and let u know.
Btw i can't send PMs, system not allowing me to send them, probably because of i am new here with only three posts.

Update 12.20.11
I found the right link for my Everfocus DVR
It is looks like http://dvr ip:port/m/camera1.jpg
And in Haiku enable 'Force jpeg' switch in camera setup screen.

But lights status wont work correctly. When automation works, for example, when dark, lights in some areas that should be on are ON, and i can see its status in Haiku, but if i manualy turn any light on or off its status stays the same.

I want to ascertain the value of a flag and email it to me at a specific time in the day. Could you give me an example of a script that does that?

Thanks!

Neil

How about this for 2:15pm and flag 'My Flag':

Code:
function onRefreshConfig(forced) {
  controller.refreshUnits();
}

function onSyncStart(forced) {
  var now = new Date();
  if(now.getHours() == 14 && now.getMinutes() == 15) {
    var msg =  'My flag status: ' + controller.unitWithName('My Flag').flagDescription;
    helper.mail(controller, '[email protected]', 'flag status update', msg);
  }
}

Or you can use unitWithNumber()

Thanks for reply, lupinglade! Will try tomorrow and let u know.
Btw i can't send PMs, system not allowing me to send them, probably because of i am new here with only three posts.

Update 12.20.11
I found the right link for my Everfocus DVR
It is looks like http://dvr ip:port/m/camera1.jpg
And in Haiku enable 'Force jpeg' switch in camera setup screen.

But lights status wont work correctly. When automation works, for example, when dark, lights in some areas that should be on are ON, and i can see its status in Haiku, but if i manualy turn any light on or off its status stays the same.

Do you have any touch panel or keypad so you can compare what the switch status is on the controller? Chances are the controller doesn't know the status for some reason and is passing the wrong info to Haiku. This may be due to having UPB communication issues or improperly configured HLC.

Let me know what the controller thinks the status is in such a case.

Is there anyway with the Audio section to be able to type in a particular numbered channel for Russound? My TCH1 no longer works with IOS5 and I don't think Russound cares much about updating it! I realized I wired my Omnipro to the serial port on the MCA-C5 so I would like to tune a channel or a preset? Looks like I am limited to up and down channel? Any thoughts? I realize Russound has a new app that I should consider but I have to do some writing to make that all happen.

Thanks!

Neil

I'll add it to the todo.

Do you have any touch panel or keypad so you can compare what the switch status is on the controller? Chances are the controller doesn't know the status for some reason and is passing the wrong info to Haiku. This may be due to having UPB communication issues or improperly configured HLC.

Let me know what the controller thinks the status is in such a case.
Now i see that PCAcces didn't pick up status of manually turned switches. So nothing wrong with HAIKU. And i can't find any modules in setup mode using PCAcces or HAI Console. How those dimmers works if i can't find them via PCAcces but still able to control them? This is odd...

Now i see that PCAcces didn't pick up status of manually turned switches. So nothing wrong with HAIKU. And i can't find any modules in setup mode using PCAcces or HAI Console. How those dimmers works if i can't find them via PCAcces but still able to control them? This is odd...

Seems strange, check your UPB setup and make sure there isn't too much noise etc.

I have a problem and a few questions...

Problem - In HaikuHelper scripting I can't get zone.name to work. I have

if(zone.name() == 'Office Motion' ) {

and that won't work. I've tried all different names, as simple as 'office' and it will just never trigger. Now if I do the same thing by number it works perfectly. Does anyone else have trouble with zone.name being recognized?

Question/Suggestion...

I am using push notifications. They seem to work great but I don't understand why when you get one it shows in the red circle on the Haiku icon. I mean I understand if in the app somewhere there were a notification pane, but since the notifications show up outside of the app, why the numbered circle?

I'm sure I could do this in the scripting but on notifications tab can Arming and Disarming be separated? I'd like the ability to get notifications of arm only, disarm only or check both.

In cameras - in another app I used to use before Haiku - CAVU free, I am able to swipe screen to pan/tilt on my Panny BLC10 and C111. Is there any way to do this in Haiku? I've tried everything and can't seem to control those cams in Haiku but it works great from CAVU.

I'm sure I'll have more, but keep up the great work! Haiku is more and more becoming my main interface.

I have a problem and a few questions...

Problem - In HaikuHelper scripting I can't get zone.name to work. I have

if(zone.name() == 'Office Motion' ) {

and that won't work. I've tried all different names, as simple as 'office' and it will just never trigger. Now if I do the same thing by number it works perfectly. Does anyone else have trouble with zone.name being recognized?

Make sure you have asked the controller to refresh the zones and get the names first. Do this:

Code:
function onRefreshConfig(forced) {
  controller.refreshZones();
}

Otherwise HaikuHelper doesn't know the name of the zone, hence its unable to match and return it.

Question/Suggestion...

I am using push notifications. They seem to work great but I don't understand why when you get one it shows in the red circle on the Haiku icon. I mean I understand if in the app somewhere there were a notification pane, but since the notifications show up outside of the app, why the numbered circle?

This is useful so that you know there are pending notifications to view from Haiku when you look at its icon. This is somewhat limited, but the limitations are there because of the way push notifications work on iOS unfortunately. Hopefully Apple will expand on the functionality soon.

I'm sure I could do this in the scripting but on notifications tab can Arming and Disarming be separated? I'd like the ability to get notifications of arm only, disarm only or check both.

We'll look at adding this, but yes, you can currently do this via scripting easily.

In cameras - in another app I used to use before Haiku - CAVU free, I am able to swipe screen to pan/tilt on my Panny BLC10 and C111. Is there any way to do this in Haiku? I've tried everything and can't seem to control those cams in Haiku but it works great from CAVU.

Did you try to set the PTZ mode to Panasonic for the camera? Haiku does support it.

I'm sure I'll have more, but keep up the great work! Haiku is more and more becoming my main interface.

Cheers :)

Back