Sensor List

You have to measure a known stable voltage source, then you can see if the reading still up and down.
Having metal film resistors divide battery voltage to a lower level, then you can compare that with your actual UDT output.

Yeah I measure a 12.5 car battery. The sensor correctly plug to Analog 1 input (wc32) and i can read something like, 0 -19 - 0 -29 - 1 - 89 - 34 -69 - 68 - 0 - 9 -56 - 57 - 4 etc So I can't do my math with this up and down values.

CAI_Support said:
You have to measure a known stable voltage source, then you can see if the reading still up and down.
Having metal film resistors divide battery voltage to a lower level, then you can compare that with your actual UDT output.
Here you suggest to build a little voltage divider to have a lower voltage reading. The sensor can read for 0 to 25vdc. So 12.5vdc is supposed to be okay. 

WC8 analog input full scale is 10V, with car battery 12V, how that amplifier board made output lower than input?
If you want to measure a higher voltage, it should use zener diode to reduce voltage, not using an amplifier.

This sensor is based on lm393 chip, so the analog output of the sensor would be something between 2.5v if i measure 12.5v. Am I wrong?

Sensor pin :
vcc : 5vdc
gnd --
Dout --
Aout --

I got it working!

both negatives dc source and the board ( in my case 12.5vdc batt and wc32) was not connected together. Each of the 10 sensors I purchassed have the same problem.

Now it works , I can run the plc and maths for an acurate reading!!

I'm realy happy :rockon:

Tested with some psu 5vdc, 9 vdc, 12vdc, 24vdc , perfect reading / conversion

DIV AIP1 35 VAR1

Great news!  Your electronics knowledge helped you!
If someone can not find the ground was not connected himself, he could be really frustrated.

Yeah and the sensor work very well, I recommend it!

I also tested this sensor today. :

http://www.vaccon.com/pdfFiles/catalog/vds-series.pdf

Here the user manual:
http://vaccon.com/pdfFiles/Inst/OperInstrVDS.pdf

It's a standalone vacuum meter that you can set 2 alarm outputs. 

There is an analog output and it works like a charm!

The only thing that is missing to read the vaccum level is float data instead of integer. I know that I can use 1 more number for exemple : 

21.8 == 218

But float will be 21.8  ^_^

Did CAI add float number in a future version of wc32 or wc8 ???

Since the processor does not have floating number handling capability, we would think it will be a lot more efficient by have analog input 1023 to indicate 10V, that is an integer number with two digit floating number accuracy. If higher input voltage is needed, you could divide the input so that 1023 to represent 100V with one digit floating number accuracy.

Adding floating number could be done on WC32, although it is software implemented floating point number handling, with a lot of RAM usage and slow process.  A floating number actually takes 64 bit to represent in integer only processor.  All the calculation and conversion will be handled by multiple 64 bit temp storage in RAM.  That is why we did not have plan for that at this point.

CAI_Support said:
Since the processor does not have floating number handling capability, we would think it will be a lot more efficient by have analog input 1023 to indicate 10V, that is an integer number with two digit floating number accuracy. If higher input voltage is needed, you could divide the input so that 1023 to represent 100V with one digit floating number accuracy.

Adding floating number could be done on WC32, although it is software implemented floating point number handling, with a lot of RAM usage and slow process.  A floating number actually takes 64 bit to represent in integer only processor.  All the calculation and conversion will be handled by multiple 64 bit temp storage in RAM.  That is why we did not have plan for that at this point.
Okay

I understand. But is it possible to display a dot into the value.

E.g : 2189 == 21.89

I dont know if it's possible to add a function such as 

adddot 21 89 var1

var1 will show 21.89

The dot in my case is only for visual effect for my customers.

Where do you want to display?  On the LCD or on the screen somewhere?
If you order large enough qty, we can work with you on providing your own brand GUI looking.

CAI_Support said:
Where do you want to display?  On the LCD or on the screen somewhere?
If you order large enough qty, we can work with you on providing your own brand GUI looking.

I already made my own gui interface to meet customer preference. 

Yeah it's on the screen.  I'll send you an email about that. 

rossw said:

You want to pay nearly 8 bucks for two resistors worth about a cent each???????!
The oder ist for five pieces, and I may include a capacitor. You could offer a switched voltage divider for 10V yourself.
Thanks

Efried said:
The oder ist for five pieces, and I may include a capacitor. You could offer a switched voltage divider for 10V yourself.

My terminal+amplifier board already does it (plus much more)

Back