Pete's Blog $13 voice assistant for Home Assistant

Blog posts by pete_c
January 26, 2024 status

Working well here. Doing video (screen capture) of configuration of Atom device. Caught up here in updating all of my Tasmota devices. Updating all of them with no issues except for two of the ESP32 Sonoff 316 Elite devices. It uses two partitions when updating and a built in script is used to update the firmware.

Friday, February 16, 2024 status

The Atom device is starting to speak on it's own without the wake word stating something about having to learn stuff which doesn't make any sense to me as I have not introduced an AI yet. Only using it set up to turn on two lamps and tell me the temperature.

So listened to its rant...which is freaking wife out....spoke a couple of sentences relating flossing my teeth???

Last edited:
Anything in the log files? That one is a little puzzling unless it's picking something up it's reacting to. Oddly enough, my MIL has a Google Home speaker which once in a while will start talking/playing music, but no requests were recorded when looking at history.

Nothing in the log files. Same here with my Alexa devices. Guessing it is just picking up something from the television.

So would you recommend the Atom devices for basic VR using Home Assistant (without cloud)?

Personally yes and because it is "cloud less".

Changed the sensitivity to VR today.

VR.jpg

Last edited:
Back