Anyone using HTD Lync yet?

mrshanes

Just wondering if anyone is using the new HTD Lync system for whole house audio yet? I recently built a new house and wired for whole house audio and heard good DIY things about HTD. I worked with Mike from HTD a good bit on how I should design it. He even looked at my plans and suggested which areas should be zones, etc... Their new system is for 6 zones, but I'm waiting for the 12 zone system due out soon. I was just curious if anyone has this installed yet and what they thought of it.
Thanks

http://www.htd.com/Products/Lync

Well, it does have RS-232 and they offer software to control it. I suppose it's only a matter of time before someone writes something to integrate it. It's still just a couple months old. I'm a software engineer - maybe I'll give it a shot!

very interesting product, wondering how it stacks up against the Russound/NuVo systems.

I contacted HTD WRT their serial protocol and they were friendly enough to email me a copy immediately.

It was my first interaction with them as a prospective buyer and I was very impressed.

The serial protocol look straight forward.

They also sell an embedded web server device which translates incoming ethernet browser interactions to their serial port. They did not provide any help with a webservices document for that device.

I like their system...seems to have all the pieces I would want. I doubt you will get a HAI or Elk to start supporting it directly though. Would be simple enough, but not enough demand.

I have two MC-66's that I'm using. The Lync keypads require double size boxes and I only had single size boxes to put keypads in, so no Lync for me. I'm running 20 zones (one 12-channel amp, three 8-channel amps, and one 5-channel amp) and using the RS-232 inputs to control them as a 12-zone, 6 input system. I've had them for about a year and have been very happy, especially with the price.

The RS-232 protocol is pretty easy to use and HTD is more than happy to work with DIYers.

I've had my eye on their systems for some time now... The built-in intercom is a winner for me - not having to add more parts; along with their great pre-sales support. As BSR originally brought up though, I worry about support - I haven't seen an HA product yet that has built-in support. I really hope to hear from more people that have tried their products and can offer insight.

I install all of HTD's products. The lync system is incredible I would put them up against any whole house audio system on the market. I had replaced a speakercraft system
with the new lync 12 and the homeowner claims that HTD's speakers put his old stuff to shame. The best part is that he spent a quarter of the price.

I'm looking at the HTD system for my house. I want whole house audio and intercom so I have narrowed it down to the HTD system or Russound. I'm strongly leaning towards the HTD Lync.

The one thing I want to learn more about is the intercom. I know that they were supposed to release a front door station this spring but I still don't see it on their web site. Did you install that for your customer?

My questions is since I was able to wire for whole house audio and am leaning towards this system, does anyone think or know if this will integrate with ELK or HAI? For the features I want and the look of the keypads the mid level system would work for me and you cant beat the price. Is the difference in price versus russound/nuvo worth it for integration?

My understanding is that the HTD Lync protocol is somewhat new and although it is published, neither Elk nor HAI have yet implemented it. It seems that Elk and HAI have typically been a bit slow to implement newer product protocols so I would recommend looking to a software solution first.

I haven't see any software that implements it (maybe someone else has). I just used 98% of the rules capacity in my M1G so I'm now starting my search for a solftware solution. HTD Lync integration would definitely be one of my desired features. We'll see....

I know that they were supposed to release a front door station this spring but I still don't see it on their web site.

Give them a phone call or send an email (phone call works quickest). They'll be able to give you dates on availablity of announced products.

Give them a phone call or send an email (phone call works quickest). They'll be able to give you dates on availablity of announced products.

UPDATE: I just got off the phone with HTD (spoke with Chad). He said that they have been putting together the front door station and at this time they are waiting on some "system updates". They are expecting the front door station to be available around the end of July.

That timeframe works for me since I'll be busy this summer with other things (family vacation and more). Hopefully, the end of July date holds pretty close to schedule.

Back