Brightspeech get it NOW!

I hope I am not getting excited for nothing, I am worried the price is going to be much higher. How do you pre order?

well let me know how easy/hard it was, and I will be pre-ordering too as this transaction is WAF approved :eek:

I haven't seen anywhere that they say you can cancel your order once you find out the price.

That's why I am gonna call Karen. Give me a half hour, and if she is in, I'll post the answers. (No answer at 8:50)

I am a little concerned that there was no mention of the 22khz voices. I hope it was just a mis-type.

you would think that Karen is running HSP which can notify her that an important customer is trying to get a hold of her ;) I checked their site, can't find any reference to what different kind of 'qualities' they offer.

well I know that the voice that I want is Heather 22Khz.... so I hope that 16 was just a mistake.

electron said:
you would think that Karen is running HSP which can notify her that an important customer is trying to get a hold of her :D
Hehe, that's a good one E.

Someone convince me that the price (whatever it winds up being) is worth the quality difference over AT&T Crystal. (I guess I could just download the demo and try it out on my system correct?)

BSR,
I wish I could convince you but I downloaded them and could tell a bit of difference between Crystal and my AT&T and NeoVoices. I wish I was hearing the difference that others are but I'm simply not hearing it. Please do download them and tell me if you hear the difference. I'm beginning to wonder if it has something to do with CPU speeds or something else.

it's also not just the quality that improves, it's the performance, there is a huge difference compared with the AT&T and Neospeech voices. As for the cpu speed issue, I run them on slower machines, Ski runs them on fast machines.

The difference is:

Vast
Huge
Amazing
Great
Unbelievable

The biggest gap is between AT+T and Brightspeech, with the Neovoices being somewhere mid-way.

There is no comparison. Download the demo. Run it up the flagpole, and see if it waves!

Dr. Vinnie Goombatz, please check Rupp's ears.... :D

Rupp said:
I'm beginning to wonder if it has something to do with CPU speeds or something else.
Rupp:

I'm of course no expert (just play one on Cocoontech, hehe) but I would think if you ran into a CPU limitation, wouldn't the voices skip instead of appear slower talking? You can't vary the speed at which the voices are originally recorded at. For instance you wouldn't hear an MP3 music selection run slow like an off speed album, it would just pause if the CPU resources couldn't handle the playback. Maybe I'm missing something and not correct with this scenario?!?

As far as the demo I'm really tired right now and feeling lazy (didn't get to sleep till 2:30 AM last night). Could someone kindly post the link and maybe a one liner on installing the demo (don't want to mess up my present system also when the demo expires).

Thanks,

BSR

Back