Brightspeech get it NOW!

justonemore said:
The way Rich is working the deal, you'll get both Heather and Ryan.
That's fine, but I would never use Ryan so its not a good deal for me. Tell you what I would be willing to do is pay half just for Heather! ;)

It bad when a voice cost $20 more than what I paid for the entire HS program itself. ;) I'm being pushed out of this once relatively cheap hobby a little more each day.

You are not being pushed anywhere. You yourself said that you like the voices that you have better as do the other 9% of people that answered the web poll. So.... you're all set. Total outlay $0.00

Those of us that like the new voices better and want to purchase them (about 80% of those responding to the poll) are also free to do so.....

Seems like an ideal plan. Everyone is happy......Except you... ;)

IMHO It seems almost like you are on a 1 man campaign to trash the Brightspeech voices.

....AND (;) ) all this from a guy that went out and bought all ZWave switches at the drop of a hat!

...AND It bad when a gallon of gas costs more than what I paid for an entire tank when I strarted driving. Am I being pushed out of driving , a once relatively cheap hobby that costs a little more each day?. ;)

....I'm done.... ;)

I will have to agree with Ski's comments Rupp, although they might have run on a bit.
The point I totally agree with is that no one is forcing these voices on anyone else. But I see the tirates you have here and on the HS board. I have a ton of respect for you Rupp. But, by god, let it lay. It's what others want and are willing to pay for. The cost really shouldn't matter to you since you seem to not like the voices to begin with.

Just stick with what you have and everyone will be happy, including yourself. I don't see your real issue.

Guys,
Sorry to go on and on and I will let it die. I think I must be jealous that you guys can tell a big difference and are willing to pay the $60 for it while I can't tell a bit of difference. Sorry for the 1 man campaign. I'll let it go.

As far as the Z-wave switches go they are nearly half the price of the 2 way X10 switches so in my feeble mind that was a bargain.

Rupp, have you let the voices run for a few days so you and your family can get used to them? Most people don't notice the difference until they switch back to their regular voices after a week or so. I am sure it's just a matter of personal opinion/taste, and 60 bucks is a lot of money to me too, but when my wife notices the difference (for the good), then it is something I have to get ;)

Hehe, good point Dan. You can't place a price on a great WAF!

Rupp: As far as your comments, I didn't take it that you were on a "one man campaign"! ;)

These new voices are kinda cool. It doesn't seem often that a new product comes out with the "coolness" factor so I can see why these voices are popular!

Back