CAI Webcontrol Enviroment Controller Project, Need Help

All of my boards have the old firmware so I haven't had the opportunity to play with the new PLC versions. The code shown in the above post (for the old firmware) will get all of the I/O status in one call. Setting the I/O status requires multiple calls though, does the PLC firmware allow that?

Terry

From my friend's PLC board, he showed me that he can set TTL output from Linux command line. Another thing in new PLC firmware is to allow enable TTL7/8 to send X10RF commands. But he has to hook up a firecracker to do the RF transmission.

ok cool, i made sure to get a suitable power supply when researching before i purchased. I think it would be best if i just got the remote temp monitoring in place before messing with the ttl output and relays. From what i can understand from the user guide, you send commands (cgi) to the webcontrol and it returns the values. How would you do this, from a web browser? or through a terminal/command prompt? Possibly a program or app? Ideally i want to install the device in a shed, it will be wirelessly networked to a modem inside with directional antennas, and then have a gui that i can monitor and or graph the temp for 24hrs to analyze the currents temps. I have all the parts i need and the components for the wireless link configured (ddwrt), i just need to figure out how to connect to and "talk" with the webcontrol in a way that allows me to see the highs and lows for various times, this will be done in my lan first, them installed on site.
So, how's the grow coming?

This is good stuff. I just hooked up two of the cia webcontrollers and am looking at starting to play with them.

At present, I am trying to get the email to work. So far, not working. I am using a non-SSL smtp but still nothing shows up. Any ideas?

And can someone tell me how you get x10 controls out of this box? The manual I have says nothing about it at all. I see x10 on my gui screen but I doubt it injects the PLC through the power supply. I saw a mention of using ttl output 7/8, but how?

Would like to compare notes here is the link to my files on same subject.
http://www.freedrive.com/file/1581169
[email protected]

So you have your Webcontrol board functioning as an enviroment control device? Really nice notes btw, lots of things hardware/mounting wise i'm going to look into if i can figure out how to program the relays. I abandoned this project a few months ago, realizing i imagined it would be simple to program and setup, but got lost in the programming (no expirence), and recently decided it would be useful in a indoor terraneum i'm growing succluents in atm.

I have the board running, humidity sensor, temp sensor working and i can log them remotely. I have a two relay electronics salon rly-1 i want to set up to turn the lights on and off with, as well as a temp adjusted fan to get my feet wet in this project. If i can get that working prob will look into adding more relays to control a heater or something else to help with humidity when it goes too high. When the lights are off it gets a little too humid in there, if i can adjust the fan or have a heater turn on in conjunction with a fan that would be ideal.

But before i get ahead of myself, could you offer some help to a noob concerning programming it via plc to get a timer set up with that dual relay board?

All i need is a daily 6pm on, 8am off schedule. I can wire the relays up fine, i just have no expirence or knowledge in programming the box. But i want to learn. A walkthrough on how to program the board for the lights would be very much apprecciated if you don't mind. If i can do that i don't see why i can't learn how to set up a humidity/temp/fan control system as well.

Just need the basics on how to do this described in a programming noob firendly format, or a link to where its already been described. Also any reccommendations on learning how to write code for it coming from no expirence at all would be cool too. if anyone can help here its apprecciated.

Thanks-

Edit- got it connected to xapmcs and think this might be an easier way to program the box. If i set a configuration in the xapmcs webpage, does it save to the device so the program stays after the computer with xapmcs is turned off?

This following example will turn heat on at 18 hours and turn heat off at 8 hour. The heater is on a X10 controller, house code B, device code 16.

START
TSTEQ CH 18
CALLSUB HEATON
HEAT1:
TSTEQ CH 8
CALLSUB HEATOFF
HEAT2:
NOP
END

HEATON:
TSTEQ RAM3 1
GOTO HEAT1