Can OPII email notices?

Ranger Digital

Search didnt bring up this topic which I thought was odd. Can it email or text? Cheap systems others are putting in our market does this. WIll HAI?

Yes, you can do it with Haiku Helper but that requires a Mac and the software, it's not native to the panel (like Elk is with the XEP).

The panel itself cannot email directly, however the Omnitouch keypads/software allows this, as does third party products like CQC/Elve.
Definitely a serious omission these days given that even basic panels allow for this. I'm surprised it hasn't/can't be enabled via firmware too.

They (HAI) told me it won't email because the ethernet port on the panel is one way to prevent unauthorized access. This is retarded on many levels but mainly because, if it were one way to prevent access, the "one way" is IN allowing access. 2, ethernet is two way by nature, if it were really one way there would never be an actual connection made without ACK packets.

HAI, just enable it already!

That makes absolutely no sense - if it were one-way, PCAccess and Haiku wouldn't work - they listen to something and respond back - that's two-way communication.

Yes, I wish the OPII could send email as well, but since it can't (at least now) I've used other methods to generate email. Some of them are:
1. The monitoring company I use (Nextalarm) lets me send email based on individual zones or general system "trouble events", 2. Snaplink will send email if its connected to an always on PC. And my recent favorite, 3. I sold an Axis camera (M1054) that has alarm contacts. I have the camera programmed to send email when the OPII closes a contact. I get a picture with the message.

Back