Can you set GE lamp modules to "off?"

dignan17

Greetings!

I'm trying to set up scenes, using all GE Z-Wave products.

Lets say I have an advanced remote and a lamp module, and I want to program a scene where that lamp module turns off.

The problem I'm having is that it doesn't seem to be possible!

Lets say I want to program the lamp to be on at half brightness. Well, I just set it to the brightness level I want, put the remote in learning mode, and press the button on the module. I had assumed that the same would work to turn the module fully-off, but when I press the button while the lamp is off, what the remote seems to hear is that I want the lamp at the dimmest setting possible, just shy of off.

It's not the end of the world, but the annoyance is that if someone later wants to turn just that lamp on, they'll try it, and it looks like the light's still off. They don't know that they just have to brighten the lamp.

Any tips for me?

Can you disable the switch from remembering the last dim level state? I thought I read somewhere this can be done.

Couldn't you just set the dim level to 0?
Uh, that's what I want to do. How do I do that?

*edit*
And are you sure that's not what I'm seeing already? Would a dim level of 0 just be the least dim the module could make the light without actually being off? It seems to me that any level of dim, even 0, would be distinctly different than "off."

Can you disable the switch from remembering the last dim level state? I thought I read somewhere this can be done.
I'm not sure I want to do that, though. I don't mind that aspect of it, and I rarely want most of my lights to turn on to full brightness anyway...

Back