Chilisystems Chilibox

betrickey

With all of the talk of touchscreens lately I have decided to continue foward with my automation install. From what info I have gathered from both here and on CQC forums the best way to go about using multiple touchscreens is to go with a server based system, (If I am mistaken in this assumption PLEASE correct me) using multiple CPU's to run each individual touchscreen.

I was looking for a user friendly option to get this done. I don't have any programming experience at all. This is what I found:

http://www.chilisystems.com/index.jsp?nPage=1

I have spent the last hour reading up on the web site and this seems to be right up my alley. Plug and Play connectivity, point and click user menus. I can follow directions and read drawn out road maps for making connections. I would like to get some input from some of the more computer/network/server experienced users here.

A few quick questions about this little box.
Will I have to run XP Pro on all of the touchscreen cpu's for this system to operate properly?
Is there a better/cheaper option to this?

Hi, Betrickey:

It looks like it is simply the marriage of two devices: A wireless router and network-attached-storage. For those two devices, it seems overpriced.

You can get a similarly capable wireless-router for under $50, and a similarly capable NAS for less than $300.

Also, it doesn't look like it helps, as far as running CQC. It won't run your software, so you still need separate CPUs for your touchscreens.

Back