Controlling New Comcast Box with Secu-ir

I had to get the new Digital Transport Adapter (DTA) from comcast because they are doing away with their analog signal. I am trying to get the IR to work with the secu-ir16 with no success. Has anyone been able to get this to work? Is there a "special" trick that I need to use? I used the supplied remote to learn the commands into the Ocelet/secu-ir16 and the cmax program says it took, but when I try to send the command, nothing happens.

Thanks for any help with this.

I went through that awhile back. I wanted SageTV to control the the DTA's. I found that they seem to use a special IR protocol that the Ocelot could not handle. I ended up adding a USBUIRT which does handle it and it works better as Sage has built in support for the USBUIRT.

http://www.usbuirt.com/

I was going to add two of mine in this weekend with the USBUIRT. Did you connect this by connecting the emitters out of the back of the UIRT? Or did you connect a 3.5mm cable directly into the IR in port on the DTA boxes?

Can a USBUIRT receive a IR command on one frequency and output the command on a different frequency?
I have a problem with my HAI HiFi communicating to a audio source. The radio remote sends the command on 40khz and the HiFi is successufully receiving a signal and retransmitting a command to the audio source (Sony HD radio). However, the HiFi outputs the command on 38khz which cannot be read by my Sony radio which is expecting a command on 40khz.

Back