Do I need 20A04-2UPG?

chrisdias

I ordered the firmware upgrade chip in my last batch of goodies, along with PC Access (Dealer). Since I can update the firmware via PC Access, it looks like I dont need the upgrade chip.

I just want to confirm before I return this.

Would be nice for the description of these things on ASI Home would mention it on the site :)

Thanks,
Chris

From HAI wedsite; "This chip is used to upgrade the firmware for non-flash enabled (before 02/08) OmniPro II controllers".
Since you were able to upgrade through PC Access, you don't need the chip.

I ordered the firmware upgrade chip in my last batch of goodies, along with PC Access (Dealer). Since I can update the firmware via PC Access, it looks like I dont need the upgrade chip.

Would be nice for the description of these things on ASI Home would mention it on the site :)

Thanks,
Chris

From HAI wedsite; "This chip is used to upgrade the firmware for non-flash enabled (before 02/08) OmniPro II controllers".
Since you were able to upgrade through PC Access, you don't need the chip.

Thanks,
Chris

Clearly, I've failed to RTFM twice now.

:)

Thanks,
Chris

I just installed the 20A04-2UPG into my 3 port Omni Pro II and while it came with 3.2B, I need to upgrade to 3.2D so my extended temperature sensors will work. Problem is, I get a "Failed to Update" error when I try to run the firmware upgrade. Does the chip replacement not allow one to do firmware upgrades on the fly? Or do I have to buy a new chip every time a new firmware comes out?
omni_failed_to_update.jpg

The chip version will always require a new chip. There is to chip to make it flash upgradeable.

can I pay HAI to upgrade my board to the flashable version? I currently have an issue where my Omni Plus II is showing 0's for all of my temp and humidity sensors. I JUST paid to upgrade to 3.2B, and supposedly this is fixed in 3.2D, but I don't want to pay to upgrade if the new firmware doesn't fix it.

How long ago did you purchase it? If it is within a week or two HAI will ususally upgrade it for free. As far as going to the flash board, HAI offers a $150 upgrade credit for your old board towards the purchase of a new one (OmniIIe or OmniPro II).

How long ago did you purchase it? If it is within a week or two HAI will ususally upgrade it for free. As far as going to the flash board, HAI offers a $150 upgrade credit for your old board towards the purchase of a new one (OmniIIe or OmniPro II).

I put the order in 12 days ago, received it early last week, and installed it over the holiday weekend. All day yesterday I was troubleshooting why my temp and humidity sensors were all showing 0's (never had hooked any of this up until this past weekend), and realized it was fixed in the new FW version, but I had this issue upgrading the chip. Didn't realize the board couldn't do it...

Sucks that this is an old board, I'm just now purchasing & installing the system!!

networkcrasher,

Your problem with the sensors all showing 0 is not being caused by your firmware. The temperature problem that was fixed in 3.2d only occurred when the sensor was actually measuring a temperature of 0 degF. Make sure you don't have your sensors hooked to zones with the same number as thermostats. That is, if you have thermostats 1-4 don't hook your sensors to zones 1-4.

networkcrasher,

Your problem with the sensors all showing 0 is not being caused by your firmware. The temperature problem that was fixed in 3.2d only occurred when the sensor was actually measuring a temperature of 0 degF. Make sure you don't have your sensors hooked to zones with the same number as thermostats. That is, if you have thermostats 1-4 don't hook your sensors to zones 1-4.

Hmm. I have 2 sensors, one just temp and one temp and humidity. Both show 0 for everything and are hooked up to a zone expander board in the box on inputs 30, 31, and 32. I only have one omnistat and it's on output 8 and input 16.

networkcrasher,

Hmm. I have 2 sensors, one just temp and one temp and humidity. Both show 0 for everything and are hooked up to a zone expander board in the box on inputs 30, 31, and 32. I only have one omnistat and it's on output 8 and input 16.
Double check you wiring to the sensors. Also, verify that the appropriate module type under Setup | Installer | Expansion is set to "Hardwire Expndr". Set up another zone on the expander to a security zone type and verify that it changes state.

Double check you wiring to the sensors. Also, verify that the appropriate module type under Setup | Installer | Expansion is set to "Hardwire Expndr". Set up another zone on the expander to a security zone type and verify that it changes state.

Checked. I see 16v or so across the voltage pins on the sensors and am not sure how i should test the wiring for the temp and humidity since it's only one wire, and that wire is hooked up to the + side of the zone it's attached to.

I have 4 other inputs so far on that expansion card, 2 motions, 1 NC contact on my garage door, and 1 tamper circuit for the phone circuit. All show secure and go to not ready whenever i trip them. The inputs on the temp sensors still show not ready and 0's...
zones_test.png
temps_test.png
humidity_test.png
expansion.png

Back