ELK devices arriving today at 3pm

v1rtu0s1ty

Ok folks, at 3pm Central today , I will receive the ELK, Bosch, etc. Before I start with my testing, do you have tips that you can share to me please?

By the way, this is my first time to do this kind of project so bear with me please B)

Neil:

My best recommendation is to read the manuals. Then, read them again. I can't tell you how many things I've missed and I've read the manuals several times.

My biggest recommendation is to enroll or call Elk to get setup on the m1dealer site so you will have access to downloads for the weekend if you intend to play.

BAM! I'll definitely follow your tips guys!

I'll contact my wife now to be sure she's home. It's 2:50pm Central B)

One of the first programming steps is to set output #2 to "voltage output" and connect a resistor across it's output - IIRC you need a 220 ohm - but check the manual to be sure.
You don't want to sit next to a horn and this is a supervised output.

Do NOT make any changes to 4 vs 6 digit codes until you are SURE you know what you're doing.

I ran my M1G on the bench for 2 months before installing it. Gave me plenty of time to experiment and get used to the system.

Enjoy.... B)

Steve said:
My biggest recommendation is to enroll or call Elk to get setup on the m1dealer site so you will have access to downloads for the weekend if you intend to play.
I'm still in the office. I'm asking help from my daughter for the serial number. She can't find it outside the box as told to me by Elk PRoducts representative. Where can she see it? What number/code does it start?

Its on the bottom of the heatsink for the adio amplifier. Its a white sticker with a barcode also. Its eight digits if I remember correctly

This thread should be called:

"Will be putting order in for everything I forgot to order the first time at 3:30pm"

Once you start...

Don't know if is the best advice, but what I did was to upgrade my firmware on everything I had connected. Then started bench testing one device at a time. Play around with the setting for the one device, then moved on to a different type of device. Once I had one of every type of device , and felt confortable with them, I started working with some test tasks. Good Luck!!!

Just arrived home, wasn't able to submit the serial number before ELK closed their office. Anyways, I will still send it tonight.

By the way, the package is neat/clean. Very fast service from AO too.

I believe AO ships the M1 with a cd containing RP so you can actually get up and running. I personally think its best to crank it up how its shipped and learn what you are doing before doing any firmware updates anyway.

Back