ELKRP Update or Verify not working

surdev

Started playing with ELK-RP and ELK-M1G this evening. Iam bench testing this combo now, I installed latest version of ELK-RP 1.6.10, but found out the M1G got the old version.

Boot Version : 3.1.15
Firmware Version : 4.3.12
Voice List version : 0.8

Got the latest firmware from M1 Dealer site and upzip the content in c:\programfiles\ElkRP\Updates folder and tried to do the update by clicking Send/Recv --> Update or Verify Firmware...

Nothing happens after clicking Update or Verify Firmware , no error... nothing...

I cannot find any information when i searched here...so iam here looking for help.

Is there something i need to set..

TIA,
Suresh.

[Edit] Experiencing the same problem with the older version of ELK RP 1.6.6 [/EDIT]

Trying to update the Boot Version and then the firmware.

But Iam not even getting the Update/Verify Firmware window pop up. Nothing happens when i click Update/Verify Firmware from Send/Rcv menu.

Thanks,
Suresh.

You've got me stumped. You are connected to and can send and receive to the panel? You do see a bunch of files in the ELKRP updates folder? I just went to my test panel and everything came up, tried to see why you wouldn't get anything. This may be a job for Spanky.

That is strange. At first I thought maybe RP wasn't connected to the panel, but you would not even be able to click on Send/Rcv until you had a good connection.

I've only got one swag, and it is even a very longshot at that... What if you tried to do an enrollment first? Maybe, just maybe there is something connected but not enrolled which is preventing the update screen from coming up? I know, its a longshot but can't think of anything else either at the moment.

I didn't have any problem connecting. Got the conflicts resolved. I'll try doing the enrolling and see if it works.

Thanks,
Suresh.

[EDIT] Didn't have any problem opening up the " Show Keypad and Expander" option from Send/Recv. Clicked the Enroll button and the Control (M1G) did the voice annoucement saying "Start Module Enrollment" and the action completed without any issue.

But still, nothing happens when i select "Update/Verify firmware". Something is preventing me in opening window. Is that anything to do with RP access code...I tried changing to the default Installer Code and nothing happens. Please help. [/Edit]

Is the Update folder empty? Maybe if the folder is empty the window wont open? Just a guess. Call tech support today if you can.

Digger said:
Is the Update folder empty? Maybe if the folder is empty the window wont open? Just a guess. Call tech support today if you can.
Update folder is not empty, it got firmware updates plus bootware updates. I checked the "Options" and it does point to the right folder. Will there be any logs created if there is any error. Checked the ELKRPlog and it shows the normal actions.

I'll try calling techsupport today.

Thanks,
Suresh.

Ok, just finished talking with ELK TechSupport, they couldn't give me any answer.
He adviced me to re-install by running the executable directly from the ELK download section.

The Update/Recv option acts like its been greyed out, but it is not greyed out. I connect to the Control thru Direct connecting thru th PCs COM1 port.

Thanks,
Suresh.

surdev said:
Ok, just finished talking with ELK TechSupport, they couldn't give me any answer.
He adviced me to re-install by running the executable directly from the ELK download section.

The Update/Recv option acts like its been greyed out, but it is not greyed out. I connect to the Control thru Direct connecting thru th PCs COM1 port.

Thanks,
Suresh.
hi surdev, what type of serial cable are you using? Do you have a continuity tester?

EDIT: I would like you to tell us the pins 2, 3 and 5 on one end goes to which pins on the other end.

surdev said:
rfdesq said:
I don't know if you have one but how about trying another computer?
Hmm...

Might try using the work laptop..
You didn't answer my question. :D

Let's go the physical layer of the OSI fundamentals first. Then troubleshoot going up. ;)

v1rtu0s1ty said:
EDIT: I would like you to tell us the pins 2, 3 and 5 on one end goes to which pins on the other end.
How to find out the pin number...

[EDIT] found that out in the ELK manual. My serial cable has 9 pin male at one end and 9 pin femal at other end. Male goes to the ELK and female to the PC. I'll check the connection and confirm it.

surdev said:
v1rtu0s1ty said:
How to find out the pin number...
it's a 9pin female on your M1 but you actually don't test that. What we want is the cable you use. Oh, how are you configuring your M1, is it via serial or via IP? I forgot to ask that.

EDIT: Or more simpler, how did you connect your computer to your M1, what type of cable?

Back