ELO TOUCHSCREEN ET1545L-8SWC-1-IBM2 15" LCD

So did anyone have any problems with these? How about any problems with the touch part?

Anyone using it with CQC?

I just received mine a few days ago and have been playing with them. They were just as described, and well packaged. The plastic bezel is pretty scuffed up (as I expected), but that's no big deal since I'll either ditch it for a custom frame or sand it down to get rid of the logos and repaint it. The screens themselves are in great shape though.

I've connected both just for testing purposes and they seem to work well. I'm still implementing CQC so my tests are just on Windows. I concur with Beelzerob's observation that items near the edge are tough to "reach", but it should be fine with an actual GUI designed for touch.

I think it will give lots of bang for the buck, and am debating picking up a third just to have as a spare.

I think it will give lots of bang for the buck, and am debating picking up a third just to have as a spare.

Ya, I'm fighting that temptation too...but given that I have 2 in boxes still, not even installed...I think I can hold out. ;)

I'm not sure if it was clear, but the kitchen touchscreen is our primary CQC interface. I suck at making interface screens, but the few I have are easily navigable and useable...heck, even my folks use it. So as far as using with CQC...absolutely no issues.

I had the opposite problem...monitor worked, but touch didn't. Now my kids have an LCD monitor! I'm so jealous....at their age, I was lucky if I had a piece of construction paper to look at....

Do you drive each one of these off their own computer?
Obviously, most computers support two monitors, but is there a good solution to drive 5 or so off of one PC?

Old Matrox G450 or 400 quad monitor output cards. PCI and 4 monitors per slot.

Obviously, most computers support two monitors, but is there a good solution to drive 5 or so off of one PC?

There are plenty of multi-head output or splitter options, but the problem is that using one interface would impact the other since the desktop is shared. You could potentially have a quad card with four instances of your interface running to get four different displays, but you wouldn't be able to use them both simultaneously since there's only one pointer in the system that the users would be fighting over.

There are plenty of multi-head output or splitter options, but the problem is that using one interface would impact the other since the desktop is shared. You could potentially have a quad card with four instances of your interface running to get four different displays, but you wouldn't be able to use them both simultaneously since there's only one pointer in the system that the users would be fighting over.

Ok, I don't know how windows works, but I use linux and multihead with individual control is quite easy. Guess I should have mentioned that. Oh well.

Can anyone that has bought the serial version share their cutout dimensions if they wall mounted it?

Thanks,
--Jamie

I haven't installed mine yet, but I can get some measurements off of them if you're looking for the minimum dimensions required. I'll be out of town until Wednesday but can post after that.

That would be great. Looking for cutout dimenions required to install it in a stud cavity.

Thanks,
--Jamie

Well, I'm a day late, but here are the dimensions.

The case is sort of stair-stepped, and has some mounting tabs and such that don't create a perfect rectangular cutout. If you want the maximum required cutout, it would be 15" wide by 11.5" tall. That's the max though. Any more and you'll be wider than the stock bezel. If you just want clearance for the body of the display, and will then notch around the tabs and cable, you can subtract half an inch from each dimension (14.5" x 11").

All of those assume that it will be fully flush mounted. If you're making a custom frame and the screen is only partially flushed then you could get away with a smaller cutout due to the steps in the back of the case.

Hope that helps.

Back