ELO TOUCHSCREEN ET1545L-8SWC-1-IBM2 15" LCD

Does those Hp Thin clients clients people are using have a serial connection?

Very tempted here..not sure if the wife is ready for a giant cutout in the wall though..lol..

If did this i woudl really have to start work on the CQC GUI screens..lol

It hard to tell from the pictures, but it seems the mounted edges are pointed towards the user.

Can somebody confirm this one can eb mounted pretty much flush in the wall if i have a bezel made?

Most likely will be buying one of these later today to hook up to a laptop with a dead screen for a kitchen PC mostly for recipes, etc. (this was the only way to get the wife to agree to let me buy the screen.) I'm sure I can get other things on it eventually. Now I just have to figure out how/where to mount it.

Hey, if nothing else, it can be a picture slideshow in the wall until your interfaces are perfected.

Yes, the thin clients have a serial port. I have one hooked up downstairs running an ELO. Note that the ebay ones appear to be USB, though (which the thin clients also have). I cannot vouch for the touch drivers working for the USB, though. They are a special download from HP, and work with the serial, but I haven't tried with the USB. I'd think they'd be ok.

Don't worry about any tabs or prongs you see in the pic, they're all behind the front of the screen. It should mount flush just fine.

Hmm, have to check to see if my old laptop has a portrait mode. I could mount it right in the cabinet door then. Hmm.

Very tempted here..not sure if the wife is ready for a giant cutout in the wall though..lol..

If did this i woudl really have to start work on the CQC GUI screens..lol

It hard to tell from the pictures, but it seems the mounted edges are pointed towards the user.

Can somebody confirm this one can eb mounted pretty much flush in the wall if i have a bezel made?

I bought the same display from the same vendor and it can be mounted flush:

frame3.jpg

frame4.jpg

I bought one about a week ago. Shipped promptly, but when it got here the front glass pane that has the touch screen wires was loose from the housing. hitech-assets is going to send another one out, but just a heads up to check the package when you get it for these types of things.

jkish,

Nice looking install.

--Jamie

P.S. Just checked out the new batch and there cheaper than what I bought it for, drat!

HiTech is great about returns. I got a USB display that the touch function wasn't working on (like royal said, be sure and test your unit when you receive it!!!). He not only replaced the display, but he gave me a serial display instead of the USB because I asked, AND he let me keep the non-working display. My kids now have a nice 15" LCD screen for their PC....

I'd happily and confidently buy from them again.

Yes, they have both a VGA and serial connection as well as several USB ports. So it should be able to handle just about any screen you throw at it.

For the people that have ordered these before, how long did it take for you to receive them? Been over a week now.

Thanks,

I don't recall how long exactly, but it wasn't outrageously long. Did they tell you it had shipped? a week sounds about normal, it's not priority shipping, that's for sure.

Mine was about a week (to FL). Remember, though, there was a holiday this past week, so I'm sure that slowed things a bit.

Little bit shorter for me, like 4 days. However, I received a tracking email when it shipped. Have you received that?

--Jamie

Back