Email notifications has stopped working recently.

siafu

Hello all,

Recently I no longer receive email notifications from my webcontrol boards.

Something to do with my email provider I was using on the webcontrol board changing to secure email?

Anyone else have this issue? Any email provider that still works with these boards that you can share?

Thank you.

If you send to many emails from the same From account, many ISPs will block them or pass them through a spam.

Are you using the WebControl 8 or 32? The WC8 cannot do SSL so you are use it need to find a way to send email that does not require encryption. That is getting more and more difficult to do. You might ask your ISP is there is a way to send non-encrypted email from physically connected customers.

/tom

Hi, we are facing this specfic problem right now. We have hundreds of wc board in the field. Is there a way to figure it out? I tried ssl and non ssl and both wont work.

Can we use webhook to send notification?

The problem is probably your ISP changed email server software to disable certain type of emails. If you have an web server somewhere, you could setup WEBSET to send a status code to that server CGI code, you could even using CGI return code to instruct WC boards to perform pre-arranged tasks.

If you could setup a little Linux box, using iptable command could translate port 25 to 587:
IPTABLES -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 25 -j DNAT --to-destination 100.200.1.1:587

where destination is your ISP email server address.
TLS certificate verification is too complex for the little cpu and small RAM to process on the WC boards, that is probably Microchip did not release any library update to support TLS for these processors.

Back