Free Home Automation Software

My software simply uses the DeviceManager ActiveX control by Insteon. I share its limitations. So I recommend getting the Insteon Developers Kit. If you can make it work with their controller, we can go from there. I don't have a CM11a so I have never coded support for it.

I also invite you to visit my project page on SourceForge.net (search on vCrib). Their site provides forums, requests, bug trackers, etc. I would be happy to work with any developers on there without causing any unnecessary congestion on CocoonTech. I know there is no activity on there, but I check it everyday and respond very fast, so feel free to interact with me from there.

I have not found a free ER diagram tool for MySQL yet, but as soon as I do, I will publish a diagram so people can interface to my tables. Adding CM11a support is also very practical and I will discuss how to do it.

Vaughn

Another approach to dealing with IO is to standardize on an IP interface with something like xAP or xPL as the protocol. There are many connectors freely available including CM11A, UPB, W800, CM19A as well as equipment such as TIVO and CID.

I have been very neglectfull in updating the sites, but www.vCrib.com is up (with two broken links /shame on me). My last rewrite has been pretty major and required me redoing all of the graphics which destroyed my ability to put demos out.

I have a new job at Sprint running the Sprint.com servers and next week, for example, I will be logging 84 hours (12 hours a day x 7 days a week), so this is also hurting my focus on the HA software. I have also had some company forced on me for almost 3 months now and working on the system is so hard with them running around...

I would like to say when I first posted this project, I had a whole list of major obsticles to overcome and now that list has been completed! This is my last cycle of debugging and I will be releasing! Now this "last cycle" is still a lot of work and I hesitate to make any firm estimates of when I will finish.

CocoonTech will of course be the first place to receive any announcements as I release new info.

Vaughn

I'm eager to check it out.

btw... any chance you will be putting in UPnP support?

Also, xAP support would be nice too :D

There are lots of things that would be nice to add, but they all will delay my release, so at this point I am not adding any new features and just focusing on releasing. Once released, me and everybody else can start to add additional features.

Projects like MisterHouse have hundreds of contributing authors, so I hope to get at least a little support in creating new features once I make the source available.

Thanks for the support,
Vaughn

Back