Garage Door Remote to Control UPB

stew

Has anybody found a way to initiate UPB controlled devices via their garage door remote control? I have 2 garage doors which leaves me with an unused button in each car. I would like to be able to use the remote to turn on/off a set of lights in the house without actually opening the garage door. Seems like a pretty simple security/automation step instead of coming into a dark house.

Thanks for any ideas.

Stew

Has anybody found a way to initiate UPB controlled devices via their garage door remote control? I have 2 garage doors which leaves me with an unused button in each car. I would like to be able to use the remote to turn on/off a set of lights in the house without actually opening the garage door. Seems like a pretty simple security/automation step instead of coming into a dark house.

Thanks for any ideas.

Stew

Do your remotes operate a contact closer now? If so then, you could send a link from a SA UMI-32-w

Dave

Genie, for example, makes a receiver. You can see it at:
http://www.genieremotesonline.com/?gclid=C...CFQeAHgodAlPJ9w

It's about $40. That can trip a contact closure and activate a UPB link with the UPB contact closure input.

I've been trying to come up with a way to know when we leave, and about the only reliable method seems to be RFID on the car. When the car comes home, turn on the lights, etc. Of course, pushing a button is a lot cheaper.

Seth

Thanks for any ideas.

Stew

http://www.aaaremotes.com/magadoopdeex.html

You may try this above link to see if it will integrate to their system.

This is a Homelink receiver that provides a momentary contact closure. I called up the manufacturer and he assures me that it can be “taught” to respond to a Homelink transmitter (the second or third button on your remote in the car). Then, when it receives the transmission, it will momentarily close a contact across its output two wires, which you could run into one of the inputs on the CM-01. The CM-01 would see the contact closure and send out a Link Activate signal as required to turn on the lights. However, to turn them off, you would need some other mechanism, perhaps a countdown delay. You could allow the homeowner to manually turn them off as he desires.

Thanks to all for the feedback, I'm ordering parts tonight. I'll let you know how it works out.

Stew

Back