Haiku General Questions about Haiku

dshollis

I am currently considering purchasing the Haiku app along with 2 iPads or ipod touches to replace my existing Omni consoles and I have a few questions. I am using an Omni Pro II and have upgraded the firmware.

If an alarm/event is triggered does Haiku "wake up" the Ipad/ipod or will there be any audible notification that an alarm has been triggered.

If I add IP cameras to my system do I just need to know the IP address and ports of the cameras to view/control them using Haiku? I would assume I would have to enable port forwarding to each camera. I have a static IP. I assume that I don't have to have the HAI camera server unless I have analog cameras.

For the audio setting. What products do I need to control distributed audio using tha Haiku interface?

If an alarm/event is triggered does Haiku "wake up" the Ipad/ipod or will there be any audible notification that an alarm has been triggered.

Once the next version of Haiku comes out, yes, it will wake up when Keypad Mode is set to ON in Settings.

If I add IP cameras to my system do I just need to know the IP address and ports of the cameras to view/control them using Haiku? I would assume I would have to enable port forwarding to each camera. I have a static IP. I assume that I don't have to have the HAI camera server unless I have analog cameras.

Yes, the IP and port is needed. For some cameras you may need the MJPEG URL as well, but I should be able to help you with finding that. You would need to port forward each camera if you wish to access them over the Internet. You are correct about the camera server, it would not be required as IP cameras host their own video on a built in web server.

For the audio setting. What products do I need to control distributed audio using tha Haiku interface?

Haiku works with all of the interfaces supported by the HAI controller. An example system would be NuVo's Essentia G. Others are supported, including HiFi by HAI, Russound, Xantech, etc.

Will I need a Mac Mini running HH to recieve the "Wake Up" commands? I also like the weather forcast information that is in the sample display. This data isn't provided by my Omni Pro so I assume Haiku just retrieves it from the internet.

No HaikuHelper is not needed to wake up the display. Yes, the weather is retrieved over the Internet except for current temp and humidity, that can optionally be taken from your own sensors if available.

No HaikuHelper is not needed to wake up the display. Yes, the weather is retrieved over the Internet except for current temp and humidity, that can optionally be taken from your own sensors if available.

Relating to the other thread about wi fi detection, how do you do that (wake up Haiku) without outside intervention? Can't you use the same technique to wake it up when the wi fi signal comes up?

hello,
i have an OmniProII installed and i am using HAIKU as the main interface, and as i am a Mac user i had installed the haiku helper which is amazing but still i am far of using all its features, for instance i just cannot connect to the controller through the web interface as it is not giving me a password for the controller to log onto. can please advise on the reason?

thanks,.

Select and double click the controller in HaikuHelper on your Mac, then click the Web tab and pick a password.

Back