HLC and UpStart

oramos

I've read through many of the posts on this topic but haven't found an answer to what is probably a basic question.  

I have programmed my dimmers and room controllers into my OmniPro using PC Access.  All the devices are HLC (75+).  However i would like to change the led intensity and create scenes in each room.  I've downloaded UpStart and learned all the devices into it.  I already changed the led behavior and that seems to be working fine.  

My question is about programming in the scenes.  I see you can do it on the devices themselves but I have a hard time with the 5-quick-presses and either way would take a lot of walking around. So if I do it on UpStart will it mess up anything with the status reporting or integration with Omni.  All I would be changing is the light levels and responses to links in the switches.

Thanks for the help.

As long as the HLC scene and unit number allocation scheme is followed you can program the individual switches to do whatever you want.

Whenever the Omni sees any scene assigned to a room it sends a status request to all of the units in that room.
So the scenes do not have to have the default behavior, the Omni status request will sync up reality after the UPB delay.

The only thing you have to account for with extra programming is if you have scenes that affect units across different rooms.

Back