Installation Time

shagymoe

I'd like to get an idea of what the installation time might be like for a total newbie. I'm a computer guy and always fix things myself, so I'm not your average user, but still a newbie at security systems.

I'd be installing the ELK-M1EZ8KB with a NX548E and wireless sensors/detectors. What would be a reasonable estimate of the time required to get everything installed and hooked up with nextalarm, assuming that you can work on it 2 or 3 hours/day?

Thanks,

Shagymoe

2 days?

Hard to tell, this is totally wireless. So I can crank them out in an hour, however you don't describe the level of Elk programming involved.

The only thing remotely difficult will be supplying power to the control and running phone to the demarc, otherwise totally cake.

i did a bigger install than you did, and elk m1, 2 input expanders, a keypad, databus hub, serial and ethernet expanders and two speakers, and it took me 3 or 4 weekends to get everything right. like you, i was a total security newbie. but when the wireless receiver came out, i had enough experience to get the module installed in under an hour, and all that was left was programming the wireless transmitters which doesn't take long at all.

Back