Integrating UPB with HAI OmniPro II

In order to track changes you HAVE to set the lighting mode to HLC and use HAIs room, unit, link allocation scheme.

Since you are using non HAI switches, you have to manually configure the switches with UPStart and also manually enter them into the Omni with PCAccess.

Those pdfs detail the room, unit and link allocation scheme.

Now the A, B, C, D links have default behaviors of room to 20, 40, 60 and 80%. But you can make the switches in the room do anything you want. And you don't have to have all the switches respond to all 4 links.
Same goes with the ON and OFF links, but it's a good idea to keep those default behaviors for All On and All Off.

As you'll find in the other threads, the first unit in a room. Is reserved for a room controller, but have to name the first unit in a room, even if you don't have a room controller. The other 7 units in a room can be anything,

Thanks Desert_AIP. I am finally starting to understand this :)

I will give it a go this weekend and try and get a few rooms up and running.

Well I have tried for a couple of months now to get my head around getting UPB switches and dimmers to work as HLC with my HAI OmniPro and have had no success. I don't understand the process at all well. I have no problem setting up the UPB units with UPStart. No problem programming the OmniPro with PCAccess. But, I still cannot get the two working together.

I have been through all the documents on http://kb.homeauto.com/default.asp?id=547&Lang=1 

From what I can gather I just change the ID numbers for each UPB device so they are grouped by room and the lowest number ID for each room has be named the same as the room? 

I then replicate the ID numbers and names in PCAccess? 

Can anyone send me an example of the first few rooms of their layout to give me an example. The dimmer switch matrix on the website above is not very helpful  :blink:

Thanks for any and all assistance.  

You also have to program all the links into the switches.

And tell the Omni to use HLC mode instead of UPB (in the unit types on the right hand side).

The main gotcha, the first unit in a room CAN'T be a light switch. 
It HAS to be nothing or a room controller.
If it is nothing it still must be named.

Back