Leviton Door Station

Interestingly, the new Tashi door station supports RTSP for video.  I'm surprised that Leviton has not cross-intelligence available for each video device.  The new Intercom requires updating PC Access to version 3.16 which hasn't been released yet.

Cameras - MJPEG, no H.264, no RTSP, no SIP, night vision possible
Video Station - Android, H.264, SIP, card reader, no MJPEG, night vision possible
Leviton Intercom - Linux, RTSP, SIP, no card reader (yet), no night vision, LED only

All can support SIP, but no SIP to SIP functionality so each requires a separate SIP Server, but Omnitouch 7 is Android-based, which should support SIP-to-SIP functionality without need of a separate SIP server (if the feature would be enabled).  As well, Leviton's intercom should support V2oIP which means it should be capable of operating without a SIP server.

Why does each similar device support a different communication standard?

The new Leviton Door Station does NOT work with the Omnitouch 7 yet.  I assume due to PC Access required of 1.16, which is not out, so here are the other observations so far using the Leviton Door Station without Leviton's software.

I should also add that when you connect the door station to power prior to configuring it, the door stations very loud alarm goes off so you'll definitely get everyone's attention while you hurry to silence the alarm.  I recommend pre-configuration before onsite installation just to keep anyone from panicking or tape the tamper pin down until you install the "Leviton" name plate. :)

LED light Enable set to "Off" means LED will still come on when a call comes into the door station, even when it's light out.
When not in a call, the LED shows both RED and GREEN (ugly), so everyone will know the door station is there.

Boot log shows the unit was logging back in 2012. I'm guessing someone forgot to clear the logs before they created the firmware load, but who knows....
Call log does not show calls currently even though some have been active on the door phone (but the firmware version does not show to be a version 1 yet, so perhaps that will be fixed later).
Card log assumes that the optional card reader has been installed (not currently available on the Leviton-branded model) so not sure why that shows in the current firmware (version 0.7.555 / Sep 3, 2015).
Codecs include H.264 and MPEG4
The door station's default configuration will accept all SIP calls from anywhere without registration (which we like - Yeah Leviton!) but can be turned off.
Default is to register SIP to 10.11.11.123 as extension 1. I'm assuming factory forgot to clear the firmware before they created the master firmware load for all of the door stations, but again....
Web interface is also usable from mobile browser although it does not scale requiring a lot of "zoom" finger gestures...
When pressing the button to call intercom in OT7, OT7 flashes then returns to home screen.  No call.
Attempted calling the OT7 from Door Station to paging group described in documentation connects audio but no video and intercom does not pop on screen.  Basically, anyone at the door station can eavesdrop using the door station connecting to an Omnitouch 7.
If setup for Door Station is to call directly to a specific OT7, intercom does pop in a very small window on OT7 while making a doorbell type sound but video is multiple snapshots, not live video, and if answered, no video is displayed, only a black window.

--------------
2012/01/01-08:00:00 SYSTEM_STARTED   2012/01/01-08:00:56 SYSTEM_STARTED   2012/01/01-08:02:08 COMMAND_REBOOT Bloomberg CMD 2011/12/31-18:00:00 SYSTEM_STARTED   2011/12/31-18:00:00 SYSTEM_STARTED   2011/12/31-18:00:00 SYSTEM_STARTED   2011/12/31-18:02:36 SYSTEM_STARTED  

Attachments

• Leviton-Door_Station_System-Info.png
    Leviton-Door_Station_System-Info.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 16
The new Leviton Door Station does NOT work with the Omnitouch 7 yet. I assume due to PC Access required of 1.16, which is not out, so here are the other observations so far using the Leviton Door Station without Leviton's software.

I should also add that when you connect the door station to power prior to configuring it, the door stations very loud alarm goes off so you'll definitely get everyone's attention while you hurry to silence the alarm. I recommend pre-configuration before onsite installation just to keep anyone from panicking or tape the tamper pin down until you install the "Leviton" name plate. :)

LED light Enable set to "Off" means LED will still come on when a call comes into the door station, even when it's light out.
When not in a call, the LED shows both RED and GREEN (ugly), so everyone will know the door station is there.

Boot log shows the unit was logging back in 2012. I'm guessing someone forgot to clear the logs before they created the firmware load, but who knows....
Call log does not show calls currently even though some have been active on the door phone (but the firmware version does not show to be a version 1 yet, so perhaps that will be fixed later).
Card log assumes that the optional card reader has been installed (not currently available on the Leviton-branded model) so not sure why that shows in the current firmware (version 0.7.555 / Sep 3, 2015).
Codecs include H.264 and MPEG4
The door station's default configuration will accept all SIP calls from anywhere without registration (which we like - Yeah Leviton!) but can be turned off.
Default is to register SIP to 10.11.11.123 as extension 1. I'm assuming factory forgot to clear the firmware before they created the master firmware load for all of the door stations, but again....
Web interface is also usable from mobile browser although it does not scale requiring a lot of "zoom" finger gestures...
When pressing the button to call intercom in OT7, OT7 flashes then returns to home screen. No call.
Attempted calling the OT7 from Door Station to paging group described in documentation connects audio but no video and intercom does not pop on screen. Basically, anyone at the door station can eavesdrop using the door station connecting to an Omnitouch 7.
If setup for Door Station is to call directly to a specific OT7, intercom does pop in a very small window on OT7 while making a doorbell type sound but video is multiple snapshots, not live video, and if answered, no video is displayed, only a black window.

--------------
2012/01/01-08:00:00 SYSTEM_STARTED 2012/01/01-08:00:56 SYSTEM_STARTED 2012/01/01-08:02:08 COMMAND_REBOOT Bloomberg CMD 2011/12/31-18:00:00 SYSTEM_STARTED 2011/12/31-18:00:00 SYSTEM_STARTED 2011/12/31-18:00:00 SYSTEM_STARTED 2011/12/31-18:02:36 SYSTEM_STARTED
Was the issue with the black screen ever resolved? I’m almost done with the configuration, but can’t get the live video through. When rinning the OT7 shows snapshots / video of the entrance, but once answered, the black window appears.

Back