Mounting ELK in a Leviton enclosure

Sendero

OK, so it hadn't occured to me that the ELK main unit would not align with the standard mounting holes on an Leviton enclosure. What is the best way to moutn the ELK into the Leviton? Do I just use two of the C-0309 plates? Or is there a better plate.

Also, as i start adding in my wireless receiver and other ELK accessories, are there any other adapter plates I may want to go ahead and have on-hand?

There are holes in the ELK 14 and 28 inch metal enclosure. If using another manufacturers metal enclosure, you will have to drill 4 holes in the back of the metal enclosure and screw the M1's back plastic PCB mounting housing to the metal enclosure.

Take the PCB out of the plastic enclosure and hold the back portion up to the metal box and mark the mounting holes. Two towards the top and two at the bottom. Drill the holes and screw the platic back to the metal enclosure. Replace the PCB and top cover.

There will also not be any mounting holes for some of the verticle mounted ELK modules like the input and output expanders. Here again you can drill the holes in anyones metal box.

Spanky said:
There are holes in the ELK 14 and 28 inch metal enclosure. If using another manufacturers metal enclosure, you will have to drill 4 holes in the back of the metal enclosure and screw the M1's back plastic PCB mounting housing to the metal enclosure.

Take the PCB out of the plastic enclosure and hold the back portion up to the metal box and mark the mounting holes. Two towards the top and two at the bottom. Drill the holes and screw the platic back to the metal enclosure. Replace the PCB and top cover.

There will also not be any mounting holes for some of the verticle mounted ELK modules like the input and output expanders. Here again you can drill the holes in anyones metal box.
ok, I can deal with drilling :lol: I had already done that for the wireless receiver and its antennas. Was just thinking it'd be easier to remove in the future if it was on a plate with the snap in connectors. May not be bad to have it more secure though I guess :)

i mounted it to the leviton enclosures with the Leviton 12" Universal Security Alarm Bracket part number 47612-1SB.. you can get them off ebay pretty cheap.. it's a bit more of a pain to mount up to those since the holes won't be directly in the middle of the metal panels, but if you can stand that, then it makes it a breeze to remove and install the elk once it's mounted on those.. here's a photo for reference to what they look like..
l47612-1sb-2.jpg
.. i'd like to include a photo of my setup so you could see if more clearly, but my digital camera is on the fritz, p.s. with a couple more, you can mount even the pcb boards from more elk things onto them too, they even have little nylon spacers so that the board isn't resting on the metal, which is good for dissipating heat

Here is a quick tip on drilling... The M1G can be removed from the case, it makes it easier to line up the holes.

I found this out a little late ... :)

I have also used the security brackets above for other components. They work great...

I went ahead and took the M1 out of the plastic backing and then drilled two holes in the case. I didn't use the bottom two holes to fully mount it, so I can now slide it up and out if I need to. it is nice to have it centered in the can.

jlegault said:
I use velcro, works great.
I 2nd the velcro. Or for more overkill use 3m Dual Lock

I ran 4 vertical strips equally spaced in my big leviton can -- makes it real easy to re-position the M1G, modem, expanders, etc. With the DualLock there's no worry about anything falling. You'll be prying it up with a flat tool when you want to move something.

Back